Thread: Gmu 14b

Smile Gmu 14b

I drew a caribou tag, DC590, for area 14B. Never hunted caribou or the area. Any advice or where to get started? Have access jet boat, airboat, and 4 wheelers. Anyone know where the herd is or which herd it is? Trying to do some investigating. Thanks, Sabra

Airplane is the best and almost only way to score a caribou. Just like what it said in the supplement when you put in for it.

Default 14 b caribou

I hunt this area quite a bit. Caribou are few and far between no real heard. A plane is almost mandatory. I did see 6 caribou at the head waters of sheep creek twenty years ago and i saw 2 three years ago at the head waters east of the north fork of the Kashwitna. About a twenty minute cub flight west of Christinson lake above timber i saw 4 last year. Chef

Default Caribou

I Seen A Large Bull In An Area That You Can Access By 4 Wheeler. Top Secret Though

I have seen quite a few on the ridges between Sheep River and Iron Creek, up the Talkeetna River. Quite a hike up to the top from the river though, long and steep. They were on the south east bank of the Talkeetna River. About four or five miles from the water.

Yep I know that secret spot!!! This was shot in the Talkeetnas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!