Thread: Vacmaster Chamber VP 120 thoughts???

Default Vacmaster Chamber VP 120 thoughts???

I have a chance to buy an almost new Vacmaster 120 for like 450 bucks. Does anyone have experience with it and do you think it is worth the money or go for twice the cost to a 210? Any input is welcome.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I dont have any experience with them but what little research I've done it seems like a good deal. Let me know if youre not interested

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/doc...omparative.pdf

I think 450 seems reasonable for an almost new one. I have the 215 and don't mind changing the oil in it, but its an extra expense to buy oil, usually from AK Butcher & Supply. The 120 and 210 don't require oil, so some savings there. Looking at the comparison chart, they all come with the same features but just different dimensions of the chamber. I don't know if the oil pump or dry pump will last longer but my guess is the oil. But for half the price, it seems like a better deal. I have done hours on my vp215 during fishing or hunting season and it seems to work well, so I don't know if the dry pump would overheat with continuous use. I am sure a few fish here and there would be fine, but if your coming back from dipnetting, there may be an overheating issue that someone else may be able to chime in and talk about.

More importantly, going chamber over external sealer is the way to go for better results in the long term.

If you don't buy it, let me know where it is and I'll buy it! LOL

I would say it depends on your volume of usage. Oil pumps tend to do better with higher volume IE sealing a whole moose or after dippnetting.
    Call down to the service center at AK Butcher. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to these machines and can lead you in the right direction. They are also a service center

Just got off the phone with the Ak Butchers. They say the dry pump is not as good as an oil pump. Dry pumps will go out a lot faster and and really expensive to replace, like half the cost of a machine. I'm thinking of saving up for a oil pump now... decisions, decisions!!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Just got off the phone with the Ak Butchers. They say the dry pump is not as good as an oil pump. Dry pumps will go out a lot faster and and really expensive to replace, like half the cost of a machine. I'm thinking of saving up for a oil pump now... decisions, decisions!!!!!!
    I run a minnipak mvs31x from them and couldn't be happier, we use the hell out of it around the house. We even vac pack socks etc, for camping/hunting. I've tried retort canning in it as well with good success. They run specials occasionally on them and can save a few bucks, they also rent them out for around $65 a day so that could be an option for you as well. Last they sometimes sell off their used rental machines.

The $450 machine may last you many many years too and your not our a bunch of money. I think if you plan on really using one then spend the extra and get a good quality machine. I'm packing 2-3 moose, 2 caribou and 100+ salmon every year between my family and friends, and have had zero issues, with over heating or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    I run a minnipak mvs31x from them and couldn't be happier, we use the hell out of it around the house. We even vac pack socks etc, for camping/hunting. I've tried retort canning in it as well with good success. They run specials occasionally on them and can save a few bucks, they also rent them out for around $65 a day so that could be an option for you as well. Last they sometimes sell off their used rental machines.

The $450 machine may last you many many years too and your not our a bunch of money. I think if you plan on really using one then spend the extra and get a good quality machine. I'm packing 2-3 moose, 2 caribou and 100+ salmon every year between my family and friends, and have had zero issues, with over heating or anything.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. We have the same machine and wouldn't be happy with anything else. I change the oil annually and we've never had a problem with it.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    We almost got the cheaper one and decided if were spending that much might as well get the mvs31x and the thing is amazing. save some money and get an oil pump!
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.