Thread: CZ 455 stainless

Default CZ 455 stainless

Just learned that CZ was making a 455 stainless rimfire model (.22LR / .22 mag / .17) and looks like they discontinued it in 2018. Starting to look around to see if I can find one in .22LR still in stock somewhere (lots look to be in stock, but on closer examination even though they're labeled stainless they're actually synthetic / blued).

Wondering if anyone has handled or shot one? I've never encountered a CZ I didn't like, and this seems like a great grouse gun...

[QUOTE=Forager;1665579]Just learned that CZ was making a 455 stainless rimfire model (.22LR / .22 mag / .17) and looks like they discontinued it in 2018. Starting to look around to see if I can find one in .22LR still in stock somewhere (lots look to be in stock, but on closer examination even though they're labeled stainless they're actually synthetic / blued).

Wondering if anyone has handled or shot one? I've never encountered a CZ I didn't like, and this seems like a great grouse gun...[/QUOT

Yikes! They came out over a year ago. Sportman's Warehouse had them on their website for quite a while. The store, however, did not have any and one had to order one sight unseen. Nowadays, SW is not stocking many CZ .22s (have no clue for the change). I wanted to eyeball one before buying but was never able to get one to inspect.
    I believe there was a blue synthetic and a bonafide stainless synthetic model. Right now, go to Sportman's Warehouse website and type in CZ 455. You will see they have the bonafide stainless synthetic still advertised. Remember SW now ships to your FFL if you are out in the boonies. If you are in Canada, I have no clue what happens given your firearm laws.

[QUOTE=Coldfoot;1665773]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forager View Post
    Just learned that CZ was making a 455 stainless rimfire model (.22LR / .22 mag / .17) and looks like they discontinued it in 2018. Starting to look around to see if I can find one in .22LR still in stock somewhere (lots look to be in stock, but on closer examination even though they're labeled stainless they're actually synthetic / blued).

Wondering if anyone has handled or shot one? I've never encountered a CZ I didn't like, and this seems like a great grouse gun...[/QUOT

Yikes! They came out over a year ago. Sportman's Warehouse had them on their website for quite a while. The store, however, did not have any and one had to order one sight unseen. Nowadays, SW is not stocking many CZ .22s (have no clue for the change). I wanted to eyeball one before buying but was never able to get one to inspect.
    I believe there was a blue synthetic and a bonafide stainless synthetic model. Right now, go to Sportman's Warehouse website and type in CZ 455. You will see they have the bonafide stainless synthetic still advertised. Remember SW now ships to your FFL if you are out in the boonies. If you are in Canada, I have no clue what happens given your firearm laws.
    Yep seems like they came and went quickly.

Sportsman’s has them advertised but out of stock. I suspect they won’t be coming back.

The 455 has been replaced by the 457. I bought one in 22lr a few months ago. The 455 barrels also fit the 457. So, if a person wants 2 or 3 calibers with the same rifle, they can do so. (22lr/17mhr/22magnum)

Quote Originally Posted by sep View Post
    The 455 has been replaced by the 457. I bought one in 22lr a few months ago. The 455 barrels also fit the 457. So, if a person wants 2 or 3 calibers with the same rifle, they can do so. (22lr/17mhr/22magnum)
    Are they doing a 457 in stainless?