Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gulkana Report-June 19th

Thanks, appreciate it.

Edit: Posted in other thread...

Anyone been down the river from Paxson to Sourdough recently? Any water left in the river? I'm planning to float it starting around the 18th, but this hot weather has me thinking there might not be much floating involved.

The river is LOW for sure. We have had one spotty rain and the conditions are tough. I pulled a group out at SD and they had to do some Raft dragging in a few spots so expect that. The Rainbows appear to be slow going in the canyon but the Lakers are very good at the outlet.

This will strike you as a bit odd but my groups are having really good results catching Kings below Sourdough! 2 groups yesterday and both did well and both said the same thing...Stay up high as long as you can with the best Kings coming within 5-8 miles below SD and fish late night and very early in the morning. Mid day seems to be a bust due to the heat..

Kmac...The water still looks cleat to me!

Walt
    Gulkana Rafting
    907-259-4290

Any dragging on the SD to hwy float?

I strongly suggest you let this go for the sake of your business. Iím sure the water is very clear now. Iím sure it came down in the days after we left. Bottom line is on the day you reported it was in near perfect condition myself and a couple others who were actually on the river that day refuted your claim and questioned your motivation, thatís all. I would let it go if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floated last 2 weekends SD to bridge. Water was pretty clear, seemed like most people were getting into fish, getting pretty red but maybe that's my opinion. This weekend was significantly lower and had to briefly drag in 1 or 2 spots but had a pretty heavy boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_h View Post
    Floated last 2 weekends SD to bridge. Water was pretty clear, seemed like most people were getting into fish, getting pretty red but maybe that's my opinion. This weekend was significantly lower and had to briefly drag in 1 or 2 spots but had a pretty heavy boat.
    Any suggestions on tackle or technique? Floating from SD tomorrow, and never fished on the Gulkana.

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    I strongly suggest you let this go for the sake of your business. Iím sure the water is very clear now. Iím sure it came down in the days after we left. Bottom line is on the day you reported it was in near perfect condition myself and a couple others who were actually on the river that day refuted your claim and questioned your motivation, thatís all. I would let it go if I were you.

Personally, I think that BOTH of you should let it go. Making veiled threats against a man's business on an open forum is not a classy move. If you think his reports are dubious, don't patronize his business; if someone asks for a recommendation for the service he provides, don't recommend him. You had a disagreement over water clarity - BIG FREAKIN DEAL. Grow up and go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Personally, I think that BOTH of you should let it go. Making veiled threats against a man's business on an open forum is not a classy move. If you think his reports are dubious, don't patronize his business; if someone asks for a recommendation for the service he provides, don't recommend him. You had a disagreement over water clarity - BIG FREAKIN DEAL. Grow up and go fishing.
    I did let it go and this guy wants to put my name in his post a month later.

I did let it go and this guy wants to put my name in his post a month later.

I guess the idea of "being a bigger person" and letting it drop, didn't occur to either of you?

I guess the idea of "being a bigger person" and letting it drop, didn't occur to either of you?
    Sorry dad Iíll try to think before I talk next time. Please donít take my allowance.

Sorry dad Iíll try to think before I talk next time. Please donít take my allowance.

No problem; go ahead, I'll let you have the last word.

No problem; go ahead, I'll let you have the last word.
    Hahaha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12