Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concealed Carry issa PITA

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by audimyminds4 View Post

The idea of CC is to be concealed, however. Anytime youíre OC or exposed, you inherently make yourself a target. Youíre now ďthe most dangerous man in the roomĒ (WarriorPoet YouTube video about the subject). If anyone is looking start trouble, theyíre going to want to take out the guy with the gun first. Alternatively, anyone behind you can potentially try a gun grab. If you donít train on hand to hand, this can go bad. Even if you do, grappling with an unsecured firearm can always go bad. Not to sound like an alarmist, but itís best not to invite trouble. Obviously, this all goes out the window when youíre in the woods.

Hope that sheds some more light on the subject.
    I gonna check out that YouTube video.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    I can assure you, there is a LOT more cc going on than you realize.
    I rest Assured.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Iím always looking for other CCíers in public but, Iíve realized, guns are ridiculously easy to buy and conceal. Iím sure, like SmokeRoss said, more people carry than we realize. I might add, that people who have no business carrying and who you probably wouldnít want carrying, have something tucked in the waistband.

Easy access means less barrier to entry...
    I look for'em too. And I don't see'em. I don't find them "ridiculously easy to conceal"' but I know it can be done.

A while back, or was it Quite a while back? on this Forum, there was a Poll as to how many folks CCed at least 60% of the time. I don't recall the results, and they would likely be hopelessly out of date.

Think about it. I'll venture to say, Most folks don't CC at work. It may not be allowed. It may not be practical.

That leaves only the times we are out with the family, or recreating or shopping. (Recreating, and Shopping, Allee Same for the Ladies.) It would be comforting, or discomforting, to know the percentage, but CC is about NOT knowing.

I hope the number of desirable CCers is large and grows.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

We have lots of construction projects going on in our school district this summer and thus lots of people are coming and going. Just yesterday I noticed a bulge under a ďTĒ shirt and ask the worker what it was. I fully expected it to be a tape measure or such. It was a gun!!! Me...mr conservative wigged on the guy and kicked his butt off of the job sight. We have rights that demand responsibility! Carrying a firearm on public school property is a Federal Offense and deliberately violating such puts all of us in a bad light. When it becomes legal to carry at school then Iíll be the first to do so, however since itís not that worker will not be back on the job sight period.

He was a good worker and I expect that he will try to get reinstated but it wonít happen on my watch! He done burned a bridge that canít be unburned!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    We have lots of construction projects going on in our school district this summer and thus lots of people are coming and going. Just yesterday I noticed a bulge under a ďTĒ shirt and ask the worker what it was. I fully expected it to be a tape measure or such. It was a gun!!! Me...mr conservative wigged on the guy and kicked his butt off of the job sight. We have rights that demand responsibility! Carrying a firearm on public school property is a Federal Offense and deliberately violating such puts all of us in a bad light. When it becomes legal to carry at school then Iíll be the first to do so, however since itís not that worker will not be back on the job sight period.

He was a good worker and I expect that he will try to get reinstated but it wonít happen on my watch! He done burned a bridge that canít be unburned!
    It actually is legal to carry on school grounds with permission from a school administrator. Also you can carry in your vehicle. If you exit the vehicle you are required to unload and secure the weapon and leave it in the vehicle.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

As far a comfort goes, I like wearing Duluth Trading flex pants. They have a nice stretch and if I ever need to remove the gun to leave it in the truck or whatever, my pants snug up somewhat and I dont need to readjust my belt, well unless I'm going to ba walking for a few hours then I'll readjust the belt

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    It actually is legal to carry on school grounds with permission from a school administrator. Also you can carry in your vehicle. If you exit the vehicle you are required to unload and secure the weapon and leave it in the vehicle.
    Iowa code 724.4B says that guns can not be on public school grounds period, not even in your vehicle in the parking lot under lock and key. An administrator can give special permission for an individual to bring a gun onto school grounds but in this state, I havenít seen it happen in the last 40+ years.

Alaska is different.

Iowa code 724.4B says that guns can not be on public school grounds period, not even in your vehicle in the parking lot under lock and key. An administrator can give special permission for an individual to bring a gun onto school grounds but in this state, I havenít seen it happen in the last 40+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    As far a comfort goes, I like wearing Duluth Trading flex pants. They have a nice stretch and if I ever need to remove the gun to leave it in the truck or whatever, my pants snug up somewhat and I dont need to readjust my belt, well unless I'm going to ba walking for a few hours then I'll readjust the belt
    That would seem to have merit.

Because IME, an IWB holster can twist year britches out of shape, and become obvious.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

I've niver been in sich a suchuation, but, think I'd have been more understanding from the get-go.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Alaska is different.
    Yeah, Alaska is the last frontier. Which means it isnít as screwed up yet as the lower 48.

I donít park on school property. My boss once asked to use I my personal vehicle to transfer a floor machine from one building to another and I told him no because there is a gun in my truck. He was not happy but it wasnít parked on school ground so I am in compliance!

I carry 100% of the time. In the car, I remove my sidearm and place it in the holder attached to my steering column. At work, I have a laptop bag in which I keep my sidearm, extra mags, mace, and a Gerber ďtactical penĒ (I LOL every time I say that). As a student at UAA, I carry on campus and secure my sidearm in a lockbox when I exit the vehicle. In which case, Iím carrying at least one knife, usually mace, and always a tac. pen.

I donít remember who said it but, high and tight is the rule! Up on the waist and finding a belt/holster combo that doesnít twist or slide down. Bianchi makes good ones. I prefer Kydex, some people prefer leather as itís more forgiving. I know Hickock45 has a few videos about holsters, not sure your age and build but, his experience might be similar to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I've niver been in sich a suchuation, but, think I'd have been more understanding from the get-go.
    SOTN

Me too. The second amendment says says quite succinctly..... ďshall not be infringedĒ...that overrules any code 724.4b that some codemaker came up with, as far as I can see. The offender would walk if I was on the jury of his prosecution.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Yeah, Alaska is the last frontier. Which means it isnít as screwed up yet as the lower 48.
    Oh how I WISH that was true. The diff is only that there's less of us.

Our laws are just as dumb, because we have just as many Liberals, percentage wise.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

high and tight is the rule!
    Yes, Perky!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234