Thread: Decent place to launch boat from this year?

Default Decent place to launch boat from this year?

Anyone been down to launch their boat this year? Looking at going down next week and bring the boat, so I was seeing if anyone knows if there is a suitable spot. I have dipped from the shore and this year will be the first time I take my boat. I have not been down there in about 5 years and I know that river can change the landscape season to season. Thank you

Down where? Might help you get answers.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Assuming the copper. Yes I have, you'll see a line of boats and trailers from the road, find a hole and put her in.

Sorry, I was thinking Copper and forgot to type it.

Makes sense..

People launch from both upstream and downstream of the East side of the bridge over the Copper. O'Brien Creek is mystery until someone reports on the flood damage from last year but usually Native Fees apply there. Only options as far as I know. Wasn't harassing you. Just looking for more info so you would get a better response.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    People launch from both upstream and downstream of the East side of the bridge over the Copper. O'Brien Creek is mystery until someone reports on the flood damage from last year...
    Quote Originally Posted by lausdeo1611 View Post
    Fished beach at O'Brien Creek last night and today....BOAT LAUNCHING THERE IS OUT!!! Parking is very limited and the spot where the charter guys load and unload is very steep. Everyone was launching by the bridge.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

River has moved closer to Chitina, bad news. Good news is you can access 1/2 mile of beach by driving under the bridge. We launched Sunday above the bridge and had to back WAY out to get off the trailer. Yesterday we pulled out 100 yds downstream of the bridge and there was plenty of water, good traction, and the only challenge was backing the trailer in because there is a huge sandpit that has terrible traction where you need to rurn your trailer around.
    Took us a while to figure out you have to drive over the bridge, turn left towards the fishwheels, then hard left towards the bridge. You have to cross a couple of creek braids, but they are shallow with decent bottom. We did not want to try to drive out from the downstream campground after watching this poor guy sit there for two hours waiting for a loader from Chitina.web.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ga2akwld View Post
    Anyone been down to launch their boat this year? Looking at going down next week and bring the boat, so I was seeing if anyone knows if there is a suitable spot. I have dipped from the shore and this year will be the first time I take my boat. I have not been down there in about 5 years and I know that river can change the landscape season to season. Thank you

Thanks for the report. It sounds like fishing this year with be challenging. I have a friend with a fish wheel. It might be the less frustrating way to go.

Just got back. Plenty of beach to launch from across the bridge, both up and downstream from the bridge