Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: copper river question

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    Gas round-trip Fairbanks to chitna equals $190, food and drink for two or three days $70 drop off service $200 net $85. Processor to get it smoked and vacuum packed $80. At some point a third of it ends up freezer burned.

I can buy a lot of fresh copper river red salmon at Fredís for $600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot of people enjoy catching their own, but by all means stay home if you don't. The annual Copper River trip is summer vacation to me. And if you pay someone else to smoke it for you you are not an Alaskan...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    A lot of people enjoy catching their own, but by all means stay home if you don't. The annual Copper River trip is summer vacation to me. And if you pay someone else to smoke it for you you are not an Alaskan...

That last sentence deserves quote of the year!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Default copper river question

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    That last sentence deserves quote of the year!
    When did this board turn in to Facebook? Everybodyís gotta like everybody elseís stuff? All Iím saying is itís gotten pretty expensive to go dip. The guy that said you can go to the store and get reds made a good point I thought and added my 2 cents. Iím born and raised in AK, been to chitina plenty, tried smoking my own fish plenty, decided I like how it tastes better when interior Alaska does it right. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    When did this board turn in to Facebook? Everybodyís gotta like everybody elseís stuff? All Iím saying is itís gotten pretty expensive to go dip. The guy that said you can go to the store and get reds made a good point I thought and added my 2 cents. Iím born and raised in AK, been to chitina plenty, tried smoking my own fish plenty, decided I like how it tastes better when interior Alaska does it right. Move on.

It was meant to be a joke. Lighten up. I totally get that for a lot of people it doesn't make sense cost-wise and consumption-wise. I've had a few years where I just couldn't afford the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    It was meant to be a joke. Lighten up. I totally get that for a lot of people it doesn't make sense cost-wise and consumption-wise. I've had a few years where I just couldn't afford the trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12