Thread: rifle dry bag?

Default rifle dry bag?

Just wondering about some of the new rifle dry bags that I had seen around. What have the members found that actually works and maybe something with some padding to help protect.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Watershed bag is 100% waterproof. No padding though.

Don't know what's out there these days, but I think they'd be hard pressed to beat the ol' "Gun Boat". I've had mine forever and it still seems like new. My thick padded case easily fits inside and it seals up water tight and floats. In and out of float planes and never a worry. Also real nice when you get caught in a downpour when trying to set up camp. Throw it on the wheeler and it gets filthy dirty/muddy. Just dunk it in the water (with the gun in it) and wash it off. Just really nice never having to worry about it.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I bought a really nice one down in Petersburg that was made in Homer. If I recall correctly, Nomar made it? Completely waterproof and padded. Not as fast as a zippered case for getting the gun out, but great for transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I bought a really nice one down in Petersburg that was made in Homer. If I recall correctly, Nomar made it? Completely waterproof and padded. Not as fast as a zippered case for getting the gun out, but great for transport.
    Does it have the folding type buckle system at the end like the Gun Boat?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep. NOMAR makes em. Saw some on the shelves yesterday.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I have the same. I have 100% faith in the Nomar case and like that it can easily be secured to the boat. I bought mine in orange for high visibility in the event of a boating catastrophe.

+1 for the Nomar! I’ve had mine for about 8 years and it’s been on many trips. Still good as new!

I've always used a lightly padded soft case inside a gun boat dry bag with the roll and clip closure. Never heard of the nomar, but just looked them up...looks like they have the same concept integrated together and maybe a little less bulky when empty...and made in Alaska. I'll be down in Homer in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to check them out. Thanks guys.

I bought one of the Nomar rifle dry bags when I was in Homer. It's very well made right there in Homer, and guaranteed to float with your rifle in it. The padded insert is adequate, yet not overdone, so it folds-up a bit more compactly when empty than my soft case and gun boat combination that I've used for years. The compactness will make it more convenient for me when folding it up to ship gear in dry bags while flying commercially with a hard case to the transporter location.

Thanks again for the lead guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I bought one of the Nomar rifle dry bags when I was in Homer. It's very well made right there in Homer, and guaranteed to float with your rifle in it. The padded insert is adequate, yet not overdone, so it folds-up a bit more compactly when empty than my soft case and gun boat combination that I've used for years. The compactness will make it more convenient for me when folding it up to ship gear in dry bags while flying commercially with a hard case to the transporter location.

Thanks again for the lead guys...
    Good on ya Doc! They’re a great bag.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Grayson View Post
    Watershed bag is 100% waterproof. No padding though.
    Great h20-proof cases/bags.
    We just cut down the knit silicone rifle/shotgun socks and drop it in our Watersheds. Works perfect.

Not sure if the pic came through but had a buddy bring me up 2 of these and think they were like 60$
    Great bag,dry,and a padded case inside the bag
    American mountain supply out of Colorado is the company name Incase no pic came through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look interesting. I've been using ,y 2 gun bright orange Pelican case. It will not only float itslef, but it will hold a person on it also.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

i like the nomar bags