Thread: Lake Minchumeana

Default Lake Minchumeana

Does anyone know if Lake Minchumina has a campground on the airfield, or if there is an outfit that has a cabin and possibly boat rentals here? I am looking to take my sons up for some pike fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Does anyone know if Lake Minchumina has a campground on the airfield, or if there is an outfit that has a cabin and possibly boat rentals here? I am looking to take my sons up for some pike fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Drew
    Contact the business manager at Iditarod area school district in McGrath. That village was a school district site. We used the school one year for a outdoor class block. I believe 20 something people lived in the village year round.

Will do. Thanks

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Drew,

I’ll PM you with some info. Been a few years, hoping to make a trip out there soon as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fly out there all the time. Its an absolutely beautiful place. Great pike fishing too. Tom and Penny Green used to rent rooms but I do not have contact info. I think their number is at the Minchumina Library. You can camp off the old grass strip in the trees or camp down on the spit. Could get windy on the spit though. I was told that I could just grab a canoe and use it, because there are usually a ton of them on the bank just off the approach end of Runway 3. I would still ask if you see someone but chances are you won't. I got weathered in and spent a few nights in the library a couple winters ago and only saw 1 person. (There is a tip jar, bring cash)Hope this helps. PM me with any more questions.