Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Opportunity for Top Quality Moose Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    I think your right! I have no issues with someone trying to establish a new business and make a living but.....We all live by the same regs and what he is suggesting is is transporting by definition..

Taken from AF&G:

"Alaska has a small number of transporters who will take people into the backcountry on horseback. Somewhat more prevalent are boat operators (mainly in coastal areas) who will provide drop-off transportation. By far, though, the most common type of transporter is the air charter (or air taxi) operator. The air charter operator is licensed by the state to charge for flying hunters and their game meat. A list of licensed transporters is included with the guide list. Similar information is also available in commercial directories."
    I missed the part where he said he was doing it for a business smh

I guess I saw it as someone saying that $1000 is approximately what your share of the bill would be and not someone charging people $1000 for a hunt. Noone rides for free. I have a buddy I hunt with and he's extremely paranoid about being very clear that costs are being split and that he isn't charging his buddies. So much that he saves receipts and has me write checks for a paper trail that costs are fairly split. Even when I try to pay the whole bill because we are putting hours on his plane he refuses. He took his brother and another buddy from the lower 48 out several years ago and the troopers landed on their camp and separated everyone out to ask how much they were paying for the hunt. One individual stated he was paying about $1500 and wasn't clear that was his share for fuel, shipping costs, airfare to village, etc. It caused a big gong show that luckily was sorted out after losing a day of hunting. If noting else this thread is a good reminder to play by the rules and be clear about splitting costs or charging.

Quote Originally Posted by wjschmaltz View Post
    I guess I saw it as someone saying that $1000 is approximately what your share of the bill would be and not someone charging people $1000 for a hunt. Noone rides for free. I have a buddy I hunt with and he's extremely paranoid about being very clear that costs are being split and that he isn't charging his buddies. So much that he saves receipts and has me write checks for a paper trail that costs are fairly split. Even when I try to pay the whole bill because we are putting hours on his plane he refuses. He took his brother and another buddy from the lower 48 out several years ago and the troopers landed on their camp and separated everyone out to ask how much they were paying for the hunt. One individual stated he was paying about $1500 and wasn't clear that was his share for fuel, shipping costs, airfare to village, etc. It caused a big gong show that luckily was sorted out after losing a day of hunting. If noting else this thread is a good reminder to play by the rules and be clear about splitting costs or charging.
    Be careful the forum police are watching

Man it's SPRING people ! Get out and get a bear all these post response you would think it's the middle of winter still and your trapped inside
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wjschmaltz View Post
    I guess I saw it as someone saying that $1000 is approximately what your share of the bill would be and not someone charging people $1000 for a hunt.
    I think that's pretty much the way a lot of us saw it....regardless of the op's screen name. It's mainly a disgruntled business man here that has raised suspicion by "thinking" he knows what's what. I might ad, a business man that advertises excessively on this forum yet won't even become a supporting member.

The op said he "used to work for a transporter", so I would imagine he knows the in's and out's about what that entails. Plus he blatantly said it's not a guided, nor a transporter hunt.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It pains me deeply to admit this but for crying out loud 4mer ainít wrong! Iíve certainly noticed in my short time here that there are a few pansies that always jump to conclusions. Sounds like a great opportunity for someone!

Who knows, maybe homeboy even has a guide license to boot

I still wanna know why it needs to be a resident. Is that area draw only for non res?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I still wanna know why it needs to be a resident. Is that area draw only for non res?
    I think that part as to do with the taking of two moose in that area, since non-residents can only take one.
    ďI would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.Ē Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post

Maybe he just needs the help from somebody that's already here to put it all together?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Maybe he just needs the help from somebody that's already here to put it all together?
    Thats what I was wondering as well, this thread has definitely got me thinking about the great Yukon. Iíd like to hear a little more from the original poster of this thread, maybe a little more insight, donít let the naysayers bring you down as you have a case to be made here. All parties are innocent until proven guilty

If its all legitimate I'm still in! Need to keep the freezers filled somehow haha

Quote Originally Posted by icefisher138 View Post
    If its all legitimate I'm still in! Need to keep the freezers filled somehow haha
    I'm a moose killin' machine. 19 with archery equipment, 18 with firearms.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Last season i couldn't buy a legal bull. Called in dozens between 24"-50" Couldn't seal the deal. the prior two years got a fork both seasons. That was the start of my big game hunting. 2 for 3 seasons so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12