Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Central bait hits??

Sat the bait last night with wife and second oldest boy in the rain. Had three blackies come in. First one was no shot as it moved quickly, second was a nice bear but was acting funny and I wasnít sure if it had cubs stashed or what, so I said donít shoot. Third bear was ugly and small and sat there for 40 min. I said. Uh. No. To that one too. Lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Getting some activity in unit 16, earlier than years past. Put bait out May 12 got first hit May 20, all grizz as per usual in my area. 6 different bears so far. Sat it the other night only for a few hours. Planning a long all night sit tomorrow evening if need be, hope to seal the deal soon.

Popped this guy last night at 1:30 in the morning. Nice one too. He's an honest 6 footer. The only bad thing is the hide was a bit rubbed. Oh well, good eating!

Nice,good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BRWNBR FOR POTUS

I'm not baiting this year, as I am out of state for work until next month. Anyways talking to some people I know one still has nothing and the other had a brown bear hit his bait on the 30th. He sat it the evening of the 31st, but the brown bear never came back. This particular stand, I hunted 2 seasons ago and form June 3rd on it was covered up in brown bears. Last year, I think they got pics of 1 brown bear all season long. He shot two black bear off it by mid-June last year. It looks like it's going to pan out this year in the that area to be heavy on brownies again.

Congrats! I dropped a boar grizzly last night at my bait. Lots of bear activity lately. Trying to get another for my hunting buddy before grizz season closes in 10 days than target black bears clear thru August at the bait.

62081709_10211235286796744_298192737478377472_n.jpg

This a shooter?

Had this guy in this morning while I was asleep in the boat 250 yards away. Snooze you loose.

Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    This a shooter?

Had this guy in this morning while I was asleep in the boat 250 yards away. Snooze you loose.

Good sized bear for Southcentral, maybe 8+ ft. The hide on his rump looks a little rubbed to me but you never know.

My 11 year old grandson harvested a nice black last night.

Quote Originally Posted by logman 49 View Post
    My 11 year old grandson harvested a nice black last night.
    Thatís awesome. Any chance you got pics and want to share the story

BRWNBR FOR POTUS

@Bushwack Jack. That does look like a shooter.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

So far have helped a 2 buddies seal the deal and wife and I went out on friday and connected on a short 35 minute lawn chair sit.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

We had strong black bear activity until about four different grizz moved thru and tore the place apart. Since then only one black bear has had balls big enough to come into the bait. But the blackies shut right down and I havenít been able to connect on the grizz yet...
    Master guide 212

Pretty dead at my site but I wasn't able to move the carcass from the grizz I got last week as I was solo and as expected killed off all activity. Put lots of scent out today, did a burn and rebaited. See what comes back in 2 weeks when I get back from work, hopefully get some blacks in since grizz will be closed than.

Iím gonna bring a come along in next time up and move my carcasses away from the bait. 20 yards right now. But I like them gone.
    Master guide 212

Had this one hit a day and a half after setting up my site last week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have them hitting my bait every night. According to trail cam pictures: 2- 4 times a night. I have a small bear, a medium bear and a larger black bear. Brown bear hasn't been back in 3 weeks. I replenish bait every 2-3 days depending on work schedule and try to leave little to no scent when there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    I have them hitting my bait every night. According to trail cam pictures: 2- 4 times a night. I have a small bear, a medium bear and a larger black bear. Brown bear hasn't been back in 3 weeks. I replenish bait every 2-3 days depending on work schedule and try to leave little to no scent when there.
    Well what'ya waiting for? Sounds like it's time to pull the trigger!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12