Thread: Chinese Tarrifs and Raft Prices

Default Chinese Tarrifs and Raft Prices

Just a heads up on Trump's decision on Chinese tariffs: I just got word that our inbound shipment and all future orders have a 25% tax to enter the US.

So the heads up is to consider your boat purchases sooner than later this summer. Example: 25% of a $1600 raft cost = >$200 increase to customer. When we are forced to increase prices before June, I'd feel better that you had a chance to buy our current inventory at listed sale prices.

https://pristineventures.com/products/rafts-canoes-2
    https://pristineventures.com

Thanks for the warning Larry.

Wonder if the tariff will impact the price of red baseball caps....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Thanks for the warning Larry.

Wonder if the tariff will impact the price of red baseball caps....

That at is a cheap shot, the red hats you are talking about are made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    Just a heads up on Trump's decision on Chinese tariffs: I just got word that our inbound shipment and all future orders have a 25% tax to enter the US.

So the heads up is to consider your boat purchases sooner than later this summer. Example: 25% of a $1600 raft cost = >$200 increase to customer. When we are forced to increase prices before June, I'd feel better that you had a chance to buy our current inventory at listed sale prices.

https://pristineventures.com/products/rafts-canoes-2

O well that is the price you have to pay for past bad decisions, find a raft made in the USA considering you are most likely trusting your life floating around in it might as well find one that is quality made.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    O well that is the price you have to pay for past bad decisions, find a raft made in the USA considering you are most likely trusting your life floating around in it might as well find one that is quality made.
    I have taken my PR-49 and Pioneer X-Stream on multiple float hunts. I absolutely trust my life, and my family's lives, in these rafts. The rafts have performed great. I fail to see where I have made a bad decision.

While I share your pride in American made products and prefer to buy products made in the USA, I am also a huge fan of capitalism and sometimes it is not feasible to buy American made. If buying these products is a bad decision, the free market will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty p View Post
    I have taken my PR-49 and Pioneer X-Stream on multiple float hunts. I absolutely trust my life, and my family's lives, in these rafts. The rafts have performed great. I fail to see where I have made a bad decision.

While I share your pride in American made products and prefer to buy products made in the USA, I am also a huge fan of capitalism and sometimes it is not feasible to buy American made. If buying these products is a bad decision, the free market will take care of it.
    Not to make an argument about this, but it is very well known not only in the material but also the workmanship of Chinese quality is subpar to the same made here in the USA, if you want to put yourself or family in that kind of situation that is up to you and you only, all I can say is good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Not to make an argument about this, but it is very well known not only in the material but also the workmanship of Chinese quality is subpar to the same made here in the USA, if you want to put yourself or family in that kind of situation that is up to you and you only, all I can say is good luck.
    Hope you got a bow cert, cause the Chinese invented gunpowder.

[also landed a spacecraft on the dark side of the moon]

I share your patriotism- buy American when you can.

Just a general statement. There's a reason that companies use China to produce their products. It's cheaper. Exploited labor forces and inconsistent quality assurance are direct results of this. Logically speaking, if a company in the USA makes a product and a company in China makes the same product at a reduced cost but increased expense of shipping, the cost cut must come from somewhere. Exploited labor and reduced quality standards are the two most obvious results.

Buying from China you MAY get a good product, but you also run a higher chance of getting a subpar product versus the same product being made in the USA.

Also, want to avoid tariffs? Want to support local economies? Buy American.

Second also, just because a country invented something doesn't mean they are the best at it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If i could afford to have my rafts made in the US of A, you bet your veteran stripes that I would in a heart beat. Truth is, the glue is caustic, nasty, cancer causing, and off gassing and labor decreases the expected life expectancy of workers...so yeah, buy American if you can afford it and thank the chinese workers who are willing to work for $10/day to make rafts.

Quality is a matter of experience and determination, which even the Chinese are highly capable of producing for the right price. My job is to pay high enough prices and keep my foot in their business to see to it my elitist American brothers and sisters still like the product.

I have always welcomed tests to compare what we offer...it ain't American made that makes America...it's gettin' it done resourcefully and winning!

Chinese Tariffs are now 30%, and my butthole hurts. And hunters can still do more with our models than competitor versions. I cannot and will not complain about that.

Quality is a matter of experience and determination, which even the Chinese are highly capable of producing for the right price..
    I totally agree. There are brilliant workers of all nationalities. If things are being made lousy by the Chinese it only means a lack of quality control. If a company doesn't care how their product is being made, by whomever is making it, for the most part it's nobodies fault but their own.....not necessarily the people making it.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Doesn't Maxxon manufacture your rafts in South Korea? Why would the Chinese tariff affect you?

Truth is, the glue is caustic, nasty, cancer causing, and off gassing and labor decreases the expected life expectancy of workers...thank the chinese workers who are willing to work for $10/day to make rafts.
    Yeah, that would make me feel real good about buying one, price notwithstanding.

Brian...no. Not Korea. That was many years ago.

Sayak, the glue is the bad part of making rafts, not the use afterwards.