Thread: "WoW".........Another Mid-Air (Six likely dead).

Default "WoW".........Another Mid-Air (Six likely dead).

There are entirely way too many of these Mid-Air crashes.
    Part One https://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/cfnrock.shtml
    There is also a Part Two

Yes, I saw that on the morning news way down here in SC. Didn't get much detail though..I assume low altitude since there were survivors in one plane. Was this a case of crossed paths on takeoff? Landing? I assume a heavily congested area since it was Cruise ship docking areas..Sad that it had such a deadly outcome for so many.
    My wife said "See, and that is something you want to do?!"..My answer was still a resounding "Heck Yes!".

After just returning from Ketchikan and taking the round trip flight on Island Air Express to Prince of wales (Klawock) I noticed the pilots rarely look outside. They are all so focused on their fancy glass panels. It is hard enough to see over the top of the nose of the Caravan anyway. It is early in the seasopn there. I wonder how many hours the two pilots had in the area and how much they were reporting in on the radio. So unfortunately a good wake up call for us to remeber to report often and keep looking outside the airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    After just returning from Ketchikan and taking the round trip flight on Island Air Express to Prince of wales (Klawock) I noticed the pilots rarely look outside. They are all so focused on their fancy glass panels. It is hard enough to see over the top of the nose of the Caravan anyway. It is early in the seasopn there. I wonder how many hours the two pilots had in the area and how much they were reporting in on the radio. So unfortunately a good wake up call for us to remeber to report often and keep looking outside the airplane.
    I'd have to agree about rarely looking outside. Took the same flight a couple of years ago (a rare bluebird day) and it was a bit disconcerting to see how little time was spent looking outside. Not that I'd care to ascribe fault for this or any other item, but plenty of looking outside can only help, in my view.
    Back in AK

Quote Originally Posted by pa12drvr View Post
    I'd have to agree about rarely looking outside. Took the same flight a couple of years ago (a rare bluebird day) and it was a bit disconcerting to see how little time was spent looking outside. Not that I'd care to ascribe fault for this or any other item, but plenty of looking outside can only help, in my view.
    I spent a bunch of years riding in choppers over Cook Inlet to and from the platforms. The pilots that knew me often told me to sit in the copilot seat. They knew I would have my head on a swivel watching for 'enemy' (any aircraft other than us) aircraft. It's amazing how fast that dot out there can be closing on you. Lots of blind spots in aircraft also.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.