Thread: Optics Comparison get together in Fairbanks

Exclamation Optics Comparison get together in Fairbanks

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=16076

Lets get together late next week (Aug 1, 2 or 3 maybe in the evening?) in Fairbanks for an Optics Comparison. We need some more guys with spotters, binos and rangefinders. Probably not rifles at this one since we are thinking about gathering up at UAF so we can view out to several miles.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default I'm up for it

I'm in. Would like to try out my new Leica range finder.

Steve

Great. We will post the day, time and exact location in the main sticky thread in the optics forum.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default is good for me

Yup, let's go looking. This if for everybody, whether you already have good glass or are looking for options on a new purchase. I would like to do it late in the evening (low light) or on a cloudy day, but anytime outdoors is better than in the store.
    When I mentioned this in optics, I think somebody from Anchor town might have chimed in. You folks get together too, then we all have something else to talk about.
    I'll bring my zeiss, fujinon, and nikon binos and rangefinder. See you guys soon.

Can we do this on or after 4 Aug. everyone bring your packs fully loaded and we'll lay everything out, maybe I can get some good ideas too, I'm in North Pole so not a problem. does this sound good to you all??? what about rifles? ...I'd like to see what your wepons of choice are...just curious....Kahahawai

This would be great to actually see some glass outside of the store and take ones time in assessing more than one at a time
    But If we do this up at UAF are we able to bring weapons even if they are in our vehicles? Just wondering.But hey If I can make it Im in.Daniel

Default Anchorage

I'm in if anyone wants to get together in Anchorage. I'll bring my Stiener Binoculars

Talking Heck yeah...

I'll be there...have some Swarovski's for anyone to check out...I would love to take a look through some spotting scopes. Also, if there is a change and rifle scopes are in the mix I will bring my Zeiss...I love it about as much as my binos! Hope to see a good turn out!

AZinAK

Darn it Perry, this is gonna be an expensive event! <grin>

Count me in if we do it on the 1st or 2nd.

You and I need to get together here pretty quick too.

Default Plan comes together

This is gonna be awesome. Snyd and I talked about UAF overlook so we could see a long way. To be up there may not be wise to bring the rifles/scopes.
    We might want to try this on the ridge, and then if folks want to get together at the range late one evening or out on the dike just to take a look that would be cool too.
    One other thing, I got done training last night at 11:30. It was getting dusky. Late in the evening provides another "measurement" on the quality of optics.

11:30?!?!? man, I'm sleeping like a baby by then! I sent you an email. I'll call if I don't hear back from you. Let's hike sunday.

Default bring the scope

Snyd, bring your scope Sunday if we make it to Murphy Dome. That would be a good place to do some "lookin".
    Also, keep an eye out for something like we talked about. I been lookin but nothing yet.
    I have access to an old bushnell, but would like something a bit lighter/clearer.

I just don't have the time to do this this week. Getting ready to go sheep hunting next week so I'll raise this thing again later this month.