Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Shale, White Sheep Video

Default Black Shale, White Sheep Video

Once I saw the post saying the video was out, I went to the site bought it and used PayPal to pay for it. 4 Weeks now and no video. Has anybody else got there's yet? Figured Id see if anybody got theres yet B4 I start griping to the company. Heck I needed motivation a month ago, not two weeks from season start.

Default Black Shale

Shouldn't take 4 weeks. You better call them and see what's up. You needed motivation to hunt sheep? :-)

I started the original post and received mine about two days after I ordered. Might be time to check with them and see what's happening.

Default 3 days

Mine arrived about 3 days after ordering.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Just a matter of days....better check wat's up!!

Only took me a couple of days to get mine.

Default Need to dump some...

I've got 33 onhand and need to get rid of a few. Let me know if I can assist.

Taylor

less than a week to get to NY. (love the Video too)
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Only took 4 days to get mine. Time to give them a call.

Talking Got mine

Barneys has some in stock. I got mine last weekend and have watched it 5 times already. Good video but crappy shooting. If i was dropping 10k on a hunt i think i would practice a little. oh yeah who says you have to be inshape (guys in video no where near sheep shape) to hunt sheep.Other than that great video! Hillbilly

Default 2 days

I got mine in 2days. It was a GREAT video, highly recomended!

I called him and found out it got shipped to the wrong address. He was waiting for me to make contact in order to make it right. Hes a good guy. Its all good now .

Default Pointers from video

Okay how many of you have been watching Black Shale white sheep over and over??? I have watched it at least 30-plus times with my kids. I have been watching it to check out the gear they are using and taking notes, because I am by all means no experienced sheep hunter. I am not trying to start trouble, but how many of you that have seen it, noticed several unethical shots on these sheep? and 500 yard shots? can you say lucky! my son thinks that if you wound a sheep, its in the bag, I'm starting to wonder, dall sheep are really easy to kill...not sure if I could shoot one on the run at 300-plus yards. Don't get me wrong, I Love this video, one of the best I have seen, Rick French has done a great job in making this video, can't wait for the second one to come out....CK

Default watched it once

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Okay how many of you have been watching Black Shale white sheep over and over??? I have watched it at least 30-plus times with my kids. I have been watching it to check out the gear they are using and taking notes, because I am by all means no experienced sheep hunter. I am not trying to start trouble, but how many of you that have seen it, noticed several unethical shots on these sheep? and 500 yard shots? can you say lucky! my son thinks that if you wound a sheep, its in the bag, I'm starting to wonder, dall sheep are really easy to kill...not sure if I could shoot one on the run at 300-plus yards. Don't get me wrong, I Love this video, one of the best I have seen, Rick French has done a great job in making this video, can't wait for the second one to come out....CK
    Rick definitely has some good footage in the video. And a bunch of fat dudes killing rams. I'm tired of videos that are pretty much kill shot after kill shot. I think Rick did an okay job.

Don't know if those guys were taking unethical shots or not. Who's to say. Very poor shooting indeed.

Ken

Default make the choice

Okay heres the scenario: I spot a ram a little over 300 yards away, I take the shot and miss, the ram goes on a full run, should I still keep shooting??? My luck, I would hit him in the hind quarter and that ram would run miles away where I could not recover him.

I guess I could understand the 500 yard shot across the canyon, because you can't get any closer. But still a lucky shot.

What about the shot attempt on Mike Stout's ram where the ram is down hill looking away with partial cover from rocks, his best bet would be hind quarter or through the rib cage, unless he is a precision marksman to hit the spine.

I guess I would shoot too under those circumstances, might get lucky...those are beautiful trophies...CK

The 500yd one shot kill that anchored the sheep instantly was one of the prettiest shots I have seen! It is hard to call it luck when they drop like a rock! There were a couple really neat angles where you could see the vapor trail from the bullet all the way to impact, of course on that particular shot the impact was in the rams left hindquarter... Marc I did my part in taking one of those videos off your hands, If anyone else is looking for a copy Wiggy's AK has them and is located on Old Seward just north of Diamond on the right. All together excellent video and I wish I was in as good a shape as the lady sheep hunter and she made a beautiful shot as well.

Default Going to Wiggys

Well now it looks like im going to Wiggy's for a copy of the video. One problem with long shots is most people dont practice enough. If you shoot at the range you plan to shot one does alot better.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Well now it looks like im going to Wiggy's for a copy of the video. One problem with long shots is most people dont practice enough. If you shoot at the range you plan to shot one does alot better.

Terry
    Not many ranges around where you can shoot 500 yards.... Impressive shot to say the least.

Great video, but I wish that after each hunt they would say what caliber and bullet the hunter was using. It would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    I've got 33 onhand and need to get rid of a few. Let me know if I can assist.

Taylor

I know this is an old post but I am looking for a copy of this movie if you still have any let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickrjason View Post
    I know this is an old post but I am looking for a copy of this movie if you still have any let me know.
    Marc runs Wiggy's Alaska.

https://www.facebook.com/Wiggys-Alaska-191384434240634/
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast