Thread: My First Shrimp Pot Thief post for the year.

Default My First Shrimp Pot Thief post for the year.

Went to check pots yesterday and my buddies pots were almost on top of mine. They were about 300 yards away. Twenty shrimp and two of the pots are latched wrong. So I moved off of my buddies set about 300 yards. I go out today before him and his pots are again within 30 yards of mine. So we separated them again to see what happens. he finally made it out and had 12 shrimp for a 48 hour set. I hate thieves. If it weren't so wet and cold I'd go set on them on shore.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Went to check pots yesterday and my buddies pots were almost on top of mine. They were about 300 yards away. Twenty shrimp and two of the pots are latched wrong. So I moved off of my buddies set about 300 yards. I go out today before him and his pots are again within 30 yards of mine. So we separated them again to see what happens. he finally made it out and had 12 shrimp for a 48 hour set. I hate thieves. If it weren't so wet and cold I'd go set on them on shore.
    Sorry to hear that. Doesn't it make ya want to break fingers, or arms, or....???!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Yes it does. Time for the tail cameras to come out.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinthebush View Post
    yes it does. Time for the .270 to come out.
    fify........
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Back in April 28th I went to go pull my pots from an overnight soak and in my somewhat of a short cruise I noticed as green Hewes Pacific Cruiser cruising directly to my buoy. As they approached the buoy they slowed way down and I sped up. We met at my buoy at the same time and was wondering ***! Wife picked out buoy and the captain pulled his binos ( maybe hiding his intention ) out started gazing toward the mountain. I wonít mention the boat name since I donít know for sure their intentions but I can only assume I was about to get picked.... at least all the signs were there. I can honestly say I havenít had an issue in the short four years Iíve been shrimping but we were irritated and I can only imagine what my reaction would be if someone did pick our pots...... Iíve thought about putting a single colored zip tie on the center of each door. Someone pulls your pots they would have to cut that or the cotton twine and youíd know for sure if someone got into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK