Thread: DIY Brown Bear Hunt

Default DIY Brown Bear Hunt

Good evening everyone,

I am set to PCS out of here this summer so this spring is my last shot at getting a brown bear. Ideally I would like to get one with my bow but seeing as I've never killed one I'm most certainly not opposed to using my rifle. Just looking for anyone who could possibly point me in the right direction as far as finding one. Ive heard hiking around some of the lakes in the Kenai area is a good bet. Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

Best rule of thumb is you fine them when you find them. They will be eating grass now and looking for winter die off critters
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by kmanci20 View Post
    Just looking for anyone who could possibly point me in the right direction as far as finding one. Ive heard hiking around some of the lakes in the Kenai area is a good bet. Any information or help is greatly appreciated.
    Either set-up a bait station on the Kenai Peninsula or find someone who currently has a operating one........with far too many Brown Bears hitting it, and wants some culled.

The Six-Mile Creek drainage is full of large Brown Bears, especially the mouth of Six Mile Creek and around the corner from "Snipers Point" to Sawmill Creek and the lower Seattle Creek drainage. The back of Cripple Creek and over into the Little Indian River and Big Indian River country.

Also the hunting pressure in Palmer Creek will push the bears over into the upper Alder Creek and upper Bear Creek, and over into Cub Creek, which strangely drains into the Six Mile drainage. Alder Creek also drains into the Six Mile. Do you start to see a common pattern here.....???
    Walk the beach from Ingram Creek up to Seattle Creek early in the morning.

Call Claude at alpine creek lodge. Ask for the forum discount, stay at the lodge and you can hunt their baits.

Thanks wildwilderness! Yes, the bait barrels are out. I've been to busy to check them, but I'm guessing bears should be on them. A couple of nice over 8 footers have been taken in the mountains behind the lodge. The rest of the bears should be moving to my barrels anytime now. Have four barrels out so far. One has two tree stands, and probably a 40 yard shot, maybe a little more. Way out of my 20 yard bow range, but might work for someone who knows how to shoot better. Highway is open and in good shape. Good luck to all the bear hunters this spring!
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com