Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Fuel to Plugs??

Dewey’s certified yammi foreman told me not to run ring free direct from the fuel filter when I asked him. I have a slight surge in my 2014 3.3L F250 up to around 4100 rpms so I was going to try straight rung free or seafoam. He said don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are made to mix, not run straight.
    Besides, motors will not run on either straight.
    Also run ring free in the boats the last couple years.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

There is running an additive for maintance and doing a cleaning. The sea foam and others like that are mostly for maintance or keeping everything clean and carbon-less. They will help remove carbon and clean injectors. If you are having an issue then you need to do a cleaning. Coming from the automotive world, that requires running your enging seperate from your gas in the tank. How we did that was either a pressurized can with regulator or a pressurizable can with regulator. The latter is the cleaner we want to use on out boat engines because unlike our cars, the fuel pump isn't in the tank but on the motor itself. How I have done it on mine is disconect fuel hose at bulb, add a short hose to stick down into a qt bottle. I drain the fuel from my motor which is basically a large float tank. Fill my quart jug with a mixture of a good professional quality injector cleaner to gas, use the bulb to refill my motor, hook up the muffs and run the motor until empty which takes quite a while. I use the same procedure every fall when I winterize my motor and change my oil after its all warmed up. The only difference is I use a coctail that AMDS told me that they use in all of the motors they winterize. It is gas, fogging oil, 2-stroke oil and stabil mixture. Just another FYI.

The only fuel injector cleaner that I have had actually quiet down noisy injectors is BG44K. Available at Napa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12