Thread: Build permit for garage?

Default Build permit for garage?

I'm smack between Palmer and Wasilla, Palmer side, but looks like outside of the zoning city limits. My question is, do I need a build permit for a garage? I looked and it seems that if I'm outside of the city proper I don't need one, and that the borough doesn't seem to require one.

Do I have this right?

If you're putting in a new driveway, you probably need a permit for that...for the rest of it, you should be fine...check anyway.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I think that there is some type of paper work at the borough is it is so many sq ft. If it is out of site of the road I would say that requires less paper work as they will find it at the next up date assement .

No building permit required in the Mat-Su Borough outside of the cities.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Like Doug said, no permit required. I built a 30 X 30 that was very visible from the road next to my house and the borough never did adjust my assessment value. I had to call them to add it to the assessment when I sold the house 4 years later so the bank didn't balk at the selling vs assessed price.