Thread: Boat Heater Hot Boxes

Default Boat Heater Hot Boxes

I saw this mentioned. It sounds like a great idea. I have a bathroom closet on my new SeaSport that has a clothes rack. Anyone have any input on that idea or are there better options. Pics help if you have a "hot box". Thanks.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

I was asking the same thing for my install. BK sent me some pics. Sounds awesome, basically a small box anywhere you have space, big enough to dry out gloves, socks, warm up clothes, just vent in and another vent out but the small space will get hotter than the boat cabin. Sounds like a worthy addition hoping to install mine in the pedestal area under the passenger seat. Will post pics when it's done.

I have a couple of options on the SeaSport. A lower cabinet about 12" wide x 36" deep x 36" high. Or just put the heater in the bathroom and let the heater exhaust heat that, and run the heat line to the front. The later, probably the best option.

Dave,
    Two options, run a 3" duct into the head, the lower the better.
    Or, as you mentioned, install heater in head and see if the scavenged heat will do the trick. Easy enough to add a vent if it does need more in there. I suppose it depends on how much room you to have to work with.
    Text me pics if needed.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Bathroom closet, hung a removable clothes rack and added a vent about 18” off the floor. Nice clothes dryer, plus head is warm and doesn’t attract moisture.
    Bk
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Brian: The heater I bought from you has the exhaust on the right and the intake, blows out the left. Do they make them in reverse, blowing to the right?

Dave, no. Just turn it around so it points the other way.
    Text pics please if something is giving you a challenge.....
    Bk
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Dave, no. Just turn it around so it points the other way.
    Bk
    For some reason I thought it only mounted one way. Should of known better.

Bk the expert but as long as the exhaust is coming out the bottom they can go either direction, there was something in the manual that said if mounting sideways, with exhaust out the side, it has to be in a certain orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by BQuad View Post
    Bk the expert but as long as the exhaust is coming out the bottom they can go either direction, there was something in the manual that said if mounting sideways, with exhaust out the side, it has to be in a certain orientation.
    100% correct. If on side, the wiring harness will be on top, (would verify again by looking at manual). It has to do with the fuel inlet location on the feed tube.
    Good questions.
    Bk
    Www.bkmarineservices.com