Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck Bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by iyouktug View Post
    Can always heat up the barrel, the lead will start to sweat and sheíll slide ride out like it ainít no thang.

And if that donít do it, load up a REALY hot load and fire that through it. That should push it right out, or something!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    And if that donít do it, load up a REALY hot load and fire that through it. That should push it right out, or something!
    Ha! That was actually suggested by a guy hanging around at Ray's machine shop.

My grandson loves his little 375 Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    I'd put my money on the "or something" part of that fun...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I still question the why of it! When I load these rounds i drop powder from the powder measure into the case and then set the case back in the tray. I then look into each case in the tray to make sure that they all look to have an equal amount of powder before seating and crimping the bullet. I don't know why 8 grains is enough to launch every other bullet including 270 and 300 grain Hornady's 200 yards and hit the gong with a thud but wouldn't push this 270 Swift A frame out the end of the gun. It leaves me perplexed. I've always been able to get lead bullets out with my fiberglass ramrod but this was seized in there. Even after leaving penetrating oil in the bore for almost 24 hours none of it worked it's way past the bullet....neither did the Kroil.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you....."Life's a mystery."
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I would have put it in a press with a drawn rod that fit the bore properly and simply pressed it out.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Yeah, I would have tried the press first then if that didn't work, lathe bored the center of the bullet out with a 5/16 drill shimmed to bore size and back to the press. I think removing the middle of the bullet could allow it to move easier. But, who knows, it still might not have moved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12