Thread: Fishing the Ivishak

Default Fishing the Ivishak

Will be Caribou hunting the Ivishak from Aug 22-30. Have heard there is good grayling and possibly Dolly Varden fishing. Can anyone help me out on the best way to catch them? Tackle? Fly vs. Spinning.

Thanks,

Dan

Default Iva

Hunted the Iva area last year and took a very nice boo. We had good luck with the Char but was a little later then you are going. Decent luck with the grey. We used spin and variety of vibrax and other lures. We looked for pools off river. You could see the fish and simply fished until they bit. Good luck on the hunt.
    nick

I have also fished and hunted this river. Spoons worked great for the char. The grayling I'd bring flies and a bobber so you can cast them. A fly rod would be nice though I dont know your experience and with limited room this might be the best of both worlds. Some of the biggest river char I've caught have come from this river! The farther up you are the bigger they get. There's a creek coming in in the middle section, lots of fish and no pressure!!!

I also will be up there August 19th to the 25th. I hope the Bou are moving and fish hitting.