Thread: Sand Flea Honey Hole?

Default Sand Flea Honey Hole?

I know this is a odd question, but I was wondering if anyone had any sand flea honey hole out of Whittier that they would be willing to share? This is not a joke as I have half a dozen frozen giant ling cod and yellow eye heads that I would like to get "cleaned up" then bleached to give as gifts/souvenirs for the people that caught them. I fabricated a mesh container this weekend to put them in and would like to drop them somewhere while we are shrimping this weekend. I always get a few in my bait jars, but remember some pics in the past where people had jars completely full.
    Thanks

Nope, they are where you find them. Might be 1st spot of your 10th try, no way to know.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

They were thick in port wells in 1200' when I was crabbing few weeks ago!! And I mean THICK!!
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBow View Post
    I know this is a odd question, but I was wondering if anyone had any sand flea honey hole out of Whittier that they would be willing to share? This is not a joke as I have half a dozen frozen giant ling cod and yellow eye heads that I would like to get "cleaned up" then bleached to give as gifts/souvenirs for the people that caught them. I fabricated a mesh container this weekend to put them in and would like to drop them somewhere while we are shrimping this weekend. I always get a few in my bait jars, but remember some pics in the past where people had jars completely full.
    Thanks
    Mud. Sand fleas love mud.

The shrimp will pick them pretty clean too if the mesh is big enough. Had a rock fish in one of the mesh bait bags they sell at Donalson's/LFS, was pretty clean even without a ton of sand fleas.

Maybe I should drop a moose head over the side and get that European Mount. Crabs might help too.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I think they would work great on anything that needs flesh removed. I forgot shrimp pellets one time on a last minute trip so put herring and halibut chum in the bait jars-after a three day soak, the herring were picked clean and you could see every single bone-even all the really delicate rib bones on red label herring. It was really quite impressive The only issue is that you could get hung up and not be able to get what you are having cleaned back.