Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Yamaha Griz 700 EFI

Default 2007 Yamaha Griz 700 EFI

The new Griz has been announced.

Looks to me like they made some nice changes. Lower CG, battery up front will help get some more weight up there, higher air box, new suspension and brake system, power steering, new shifter gate, larger brighter headlites (not like need them though!) Not to mention the engine. One article I read said they changed the gearing giving it more low and mid range and also changed reverse. I say great job Yamaha!

www.atvriders.com/atvn...eased.html
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I hear Honda has the power steering too, what the heck is wrong with people these days, needing power steering on an atv!! Just more junk to break and extra weight.

Default power steering?!

holy cow, what's next, power windows and anti-lock brakes?
    Geez, sometimes less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45
    I hear Honda has the power steering too, what the heck is wrong with people these days, needing power steering on an atv!! Just more junk to break and extra weight.
    Might be kinda nice running in Diff-Lock through deep mud and ruts all day. Of course, I am gettin kinda old!!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Power steering

It might be nice with a set of the new 31x12.5" Mud lites all the way around. Tires will be bigger than what is available for trucks before long!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Bigger isn't always better......

Bigger isn't always better......
    Ya my buddy in Anchorage area (SilverTip Griz at atvfrontier.com) has 29.5 Outlaws on his 02 Griz with a 686 big bore kit and broke his rear driveline a couple weeks ago. He's thinking about selling them.

Here's my 02 Griz with a few mods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Quads

As much as I'd like to have one of those new Grizz, i can't see parting with my Foreman just because the Grizz is bigger. It might take me a little longer to get there but I will get there and with all my stuff intact. I won't be breaking any rear axles or cv's either and my belt won't slip off unless I lose a lot of weight!

As much as I'd like to have one of those new Grizz, i can't see parting with my Foreman just because the Grizz is bigger. It might take me a little longer to get there but I will get there and with all my stuff intact. I won't be breaking any rear axles or cv's either and my belt won't slip off unless I lose a lot of weight!
    LOL... My old back can't handle that swing arm quad. And actually the Yammys have great belt drive auto. The polaris's are the ones that have the belt problems. The biggest thing I worry about is the servo going out on the 4by on my Griz but it has always worked great. So far so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Second choice

Well if the old Foreman ever craps the bed then I would probably get a Grizz as they are the only other manufacturer that I like besides Honda. Those Grizzlies do look mean, I will give you that!

Well if the old Foreman ever craps the bed then I would probably get a Grizz as they are the only other manufacturer that I like besides Honda. Those Grizzlies do look mean, I will give you that!
    I'd say you are probably stuck with the Foreman for a while. (not that that's a bad thing!) Those Hondas go forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd
    LOL... My old back can't handle that swing arm quad. And actually the Yammys have great belt drive auto. The polaris's are the ones that have the belt problems. The biggest thing I worry about is the servo going out on the 4by on my Griz but it has always worked great. So far so good.
    OK Snyd what is the "Servo" that concerns you? I have a 2005 660 and I have no idea what I'm not worried about that I should be worried about. Now I'm worried.

Contender, I think he is talking about the servo motor that switchs the macine from 2 wd to 4wd.

Default Servo

Quote Originally Posted by Contender
    OK Snyd what is the "Servo" that concerns you? I have a 2005 660 and I have no idea what I'm not worried about that I should be worried about. Now I'm worried.
    Don't worry. It is the servo motor on your front diff that puts the bike in and out of 4wd and diff lock. Yamaha calls it On-Command 4wd. They have had the system for atleast 10 years or more. It works great. However, you should disconnect the wire plugs on the servo ( spark plug wire and the whole bike for that matter), fill them full of dialectric grease and pop them back together.

When I was quad shopping in 01 I thought I wanted manual everything- electric nothing. Now that I've had my Griz I love it. As you should too!

Later.

Yeppers I love my Grizzly 660. It is a year old now and I have 695 miles on it. Not bad considering that it was in my shed all winter. I plow snow with my Arctic Cat 500 because it shifts from reverse to forward easier than my Griz. That is the only thing I like better about the Cat by the way.

Snyd, let me know if he wants to sell those outlaws, and how much he wants for them. Ill take them off his hands.

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by kam
    Snyd, let me know if he wants to sell those outlaws, and how much he wants for them. Ill take them off his hands.

Cam
    I'll talk to him and get back to you.

Cam,
    I sent you a pm.

Snyd, the Grizz is a smooth power band of a cushy ride for sure. I have the 03 660 and put on the 28 Mudlites and a Outlaw clutch kit. good bottom end now with the bigger heavier tires. following year the alternator gave out on me-thank goodness it happened right in my yard and not up in my neighbor hood mountains. Last year I obtained another electrical problem and have not replaced the part. Engine idles, moves @ crawls walk and anymore throttle it kills the engin. Something about the reverse something or rather-about a 800 dollar replacement.
    Getting abit dissappointed in the electrical aspect of this vehicle. I hope the newer Grizzly's are over the hump on these shorts. Have a 03 Eiger that is running with over 8000 miles on it-we use our machines quite often for everything and am looking at the Vinson.
    Whats your take?

I was just at anchorage yamaha today and they said they should be recieving the first shipment of '07 griz's next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast