Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summary of the hunting regulation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    If it's not in the regs its fair game.
    Pretty sure it says in the regs that if it's not listed in there that you can't hunt it. That's why you can't shoot a mountain lion if you see one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Pretty sure it says in the regs that if it's not listed in there that you can't hunt it. That's why you can't shoot a mountain lion if you see one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Really!!??? Oh crap, I guess I better turn my yeti in to the brownshirts then. Bummer.

CA PROPOSAL 126: Allow additional moose harvest opportunity in Unit 16A by providing
    an antlerless hunt and/or an “any bull” hunt. The board amended the proposal to allow up
    to 200 antlerless moose permits and 50 any bull permits; 8/20 – 9/25. The winter hunt was
    eliminated

That will be nice with all the sub legal bulls and cows I seen last season. I might get lucky and draw a tag LOL!!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I might get lucky and draw a tag LOL!!!
    A guy can always dream.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Maybe now is a good time to mention that Board of Game proposals for Interior/Eastern Arctic and Northwest Arctic for the next cycle are due May 1st. So if you guys have any changes you want to see, download the proposal form at this LINK

As written in the new changes paper I picked up at fish and game last week here in Anchorage:

Units 1,5,11,12,13,20, and 25,allowed the harvest of white-tailed deer and mule deer. Harvest is allowed year-round and there is no bag limit. Persons who harvest animals are required to contact the department and provided specimens as required. Hunters are also required to salvage the entire carcass, including the hide, and present it to the department within a time specified.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Just to be clear, the Department was emphatic that they did not consider mule deer an invasive species and had no intention of trying to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska1986 View Post
    Units 1,5,11,12,13,20, and 25,allowed the harvest of white-tailed deer and mule deer. Harvest is allowed year-round and there is no bag limit.
    Hmmmmm....wierd.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

As written in the new changes paper I picked up at fish and game last week here in Anchorage:

Units 1,5,11,12,13,20, and 25,allowed the harvest of white-tailed deer and mule deer. Harvest is allowed year-round and there is no bag limit. Persons who harvest animals are required to contact the department and provided specimens as required. Hunters are also required to salvage the entire carcass, including the hide, and present it to the department within a time specified.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post

Hmmmmm....wierd.
    It kind of reminds me how they manage coyotes. Open season year round and no bag limit. I could be wrong but I don't believe coyotes are invasive, but I don't believe they've always been here either.

Here are the screenshots of the Summary of Hunting/Trapping Regulatory Changes for 2019-2020 I got from ADF&G. Sorry it will take a few messages to add all of them due to picture limits.
    Attachment 97568Attachment 97569

I couldn't figure out how to shrink the pdf or word document to make it go, but hopefully those who were looking for the summary rather than all of the proposal list
    Attachment 97575

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    It kind of reminds me how they manage coyotes. Open season year round and no bag limit. I could be wrong but I don't believe coyotes are invasive, but I don't believe they've always been here either.
    Coyotes were prevalent even back when I was a teenager in the 1960's. I could catch wolves on the trapline back then, but those dang coyotes were wary *******s. Still are (lol).

For Immediate Release: April 19, 2019
    19-014
    Reminder: Proposal Deadline Approaches
    Arctic, Western, and Interior Hunting and Trapping Regulations

(JUNEAU) – The Alaska Board of Game reminds Alaskans that the May 1 deadline is fast approaching for submitting proposed regulation changes pertaining to hunting, trapping, and the use of game for the Arctic, Western, and Interior regions. (Game Management Units 12, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26).
    Proposals may be submitted online or by mail, fax at:

Online: www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=gameboard.proposal
    Email: dfg.bog.comments@alaska.gov (attachments only)
    Mail: ADF&G, Boards Support Section
    P.O. Box 115526
    Juneau, AK 99811-5526
    Fax: (907) 465-6094

Proposals must be received by Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at the Boards Support Section office in Juneau. (A postmark is NOT sufficient for timely receipt).

The Call for Proposals, proposal forms, and the board’s meeting schedule are available on the Board of Game website at: www.boardofgame.adfg.alaska.gov or at any ADF&G Boards Support office. Proposals submitted for these regions by the deadline will be considered by the Board of Game at their Arctic/Western Region Meeting, scheduled for January 2020 in Nome, and the Interior/NE Arctic Region Meeting, scheduled for March 2020 in Fairbanks. Final proposals will be available on the board’s website in August 2020.

Proposal Deadline Approaches
    Page 2

Completed proposal forms must contain a contact telephone number and address. Email addresses are appreciated. Please print or type the individual's or organization's name as appropriate.

For further information, contact the Boards Support Section at 465-6098, or ADF&G Boards Support regional offices. To receive email notices for upcoming Board of Game meetings, proposed regulatory changes, and other announcements, sign up online atwww.boardofgame.adfg.alaska.gov .

Nissa Pilcher
    AK Dept of Fish & Game
    Boards Support Section
    459-7263

For Immediate Release: April 19, 2019
    19-014
    Reminder: Proposal Deadline Approaches
    Arctic, Western, and Interior Hunting and Trapping Regulations

(JUNEAU) – The Alaska Board of Game reminds Alaskans that the May 1 deadline is fast approaching for submitting proposed regulation changes pertaining to hunting, trapping, and the use of game for the Arctic, Western, and Interior regions. (Game Management Units 12, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26).
    Proposals may be submitted online or by mail, fax at:

Online: www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=gameboard.proposal
    Email: dfg.bog.comments@alaska.gov (attachments only)
    Mail: ADF&G, Boards Support Section
    P.O. Box 115526
    Juneau, AK 99811-5526
    Fax: (907) 465-6094

Proposals must be received by Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at the Boards Support Section office in Juneau. (A postmark is NOT sufficient for timely receipt).

The Call for Proposals, proposal forms, and the board’s meeting schedule are available on the Board of Game website at: www.boardofgame.adfg.alaska.gov or at any ADF&G Boards Support office. Proposals submitted for these regions by the deadline will be considered by the Board of Game at their Arctic/Western Region Meeting, scheduled for January 2020 in Nome, and the Interior/NE Arctic Region Meeting, scheduled for March 2020 in Fairbanks. Final proposals will be available on the board’s website in August 2020.

Proposal Deadline Approaches
    Page 2

Completed proposal forms must contain a contact telephone number and address. Email addresses are appreciated. Please print or type the individual's or organization's name as appropriate.

For further information, contact the Boards Support Section at 465-6098, or ADF&G Boards Support regional offices. To receive email notices for upcoming Board of Game meetings, proposed regulatory changes, and other announcements, sign up online atwww.boardofgame.adfg.alaska.gov .

Nissa Pilcher
    AK Dept of Fish & Game
    Boards Support Section
    459-7263
    Great, a chance for the Board to hear and either make written finding on the "Field Requirement" for IBEF, or just ignore the previous Board's intent.

Agreed. Someone should write up a proposal real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick940 View Post
    Great, a chance for the Board to hear and either make written finding on the "Field Requirement" for IBEF, or just ignore the previous Board's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by jonath View Post
    What are you suggesting?
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jonath View Post
    I'd propose they drop the IBEP requirement altogether along with muzzleloader. Both are an expense to the state, and they provide no objective benefit that can't be gained from a basic hunter ed course. Speaking of which, I'd also propose the basic hunter ed requirement be expanded to statewide.

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksFlies View Post
    I'd propose they drop the IBEP requirement altogether along with muzzleloader.
    IF the state dropped it, and you only hunted in AK, you might be happy with that. But many states require a course and many of us hunt more than just Alaska. My Alaska IBEP card is valid everywhere I go. I believe that if you only gleam one thing that makes you a better hunter, you are better off.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksFlies View Post
    I'd propose they drop the IBEP requirement altogether along with muzzleloader. Both are an expense to the state, and they provide no objective benefit that can't be gained from a basic hunter ed course. Speaking of which, I'd also propose the basic hunter ed requirement be expanded to statewide.
    When I took my bow hunter we course half the class failed. And the instructors said half would fail. I’ve never seen such atrocious shooting in all my life, and those people were planning on shooting at animals!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast