Thread: can you identify this dredge power tri-jet for me and give idea of power needed

Default can you identify this dredge power tri-jet for me and give idea of power needed

I have a peninsula that I'm gonna ground sluice with the dredge to get some money built up for the rest of my 6" dredge with two 6.5 honda's.....I have 2 months of dredging from teh ground, then I'll build a wooden raft to float the deeper areas of my huge settling pond....

not sure if I need the keene 180 or the proline 350?.....BUT, this power head has a 3 inch inlet, 6 inch outlet.....a 5 inch suction head on a 6 in hose...

I have up to 10 ft of sluice...

can you identify this power jet, probably Dahlke or Precision I've been told, but, I cannot find a picture of it....I THINK this maybe a "power log" or a 'tri-jet"....or a couple-jet.....

i think thaat a 9hp is too small from what I've read....

I have a lot of shallow dredging as the tailing pile collapses into the waters edge....then I have up to 25 ft depth to suck up from.....

I want to put a "Y" on the dredge jet so I can put my two 6.5 hps into it.....the guy before had a 9.5 hp on it I think....

any problems with putting two 6.5 hps into the 3 inch inlet on the power jet? think I would run both motors at 3/4 speed if it's too much?...

just trying to get a cheap start!

LASTLY...cheap wise...I have a 6.5 brigs with teh keene 180 pump...BUT, if I got the honda 9.5 hp wiht a proline 500 and put it into the Y with teh 5.5.....would this be ok??? I dont see a problem with this as long as I get over 600 gpm????? I'd save on buying a 2nd motor.....

Thanks!
    scotty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scotty in the AK bush

If I were you I would show up at the legion in Kenai tonight or the first Thursday of any month at about 6 p.m..
    That is where we hold meetings for the gold prospectors association of America that has a local chapter here on the peninsula.
    I'm guessing someone there can help answer your questions and give you some advice.
    Several people that run dredges attend the meetings.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

THanks for the hook up with other miners! Wish I could go, but I'm in the bush- Ruby! So no gold miners meetings, or, any old dredgers...

Could you show this post to an older dredger maybe at a meeting? This one maybe home made, but, it's off some design from the past!
    Scotty in the AK bush

Ahh...
    For some reason I thought you were on the Kenai Peninsula.
    Anchorage and Fairbanks also have local chapters.
    Not sure if our members can help based off of those pictures but I can ask.
    Do you have an email where my mining supply dealer can contact you with his advice?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"