Thread: Garden Mulch?

Default Garden Mulch?

Im going to add some mulch to my garden beds this year, so sick of weeds! What makes the best mulch and is there somewhere in town to get some for free? Seems like the utility companies are always mulching trees...
    Also, I have tons of sawdust, does that work?

If you are in Anchorage you can get shredded wood at the anchorage wood lot near C St. and 100th (or so). They only operate seasonally and I believe they don't open until sometime in May.

I see on the trucks that clear power line right aways they have a sign for free mulch.

Mulch is a broad term, my idea of mulch is a layer of kelp. Applied to the tops of my beds like lasagna noodles in the fall. It works in well in the spring when adding the other ammendments and if full of good things for your soil.

https://www.backtoedenfilm.com/watch...ningmovie.html

Speaking of mulch, check this guy out. Regardless if you agree with this guy's religious and/or philosophical doctrine or not, you gotta admit his way of gardening is pretty impressive. You can't argue with his results. You can watch the whole hour and 45 minute movie for free.