Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Board of Fish Appointees

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    A huge portion of that pie consists of pollack. Do you want more of that allocation? A bunch more is cod and other groundfish that sportfishermen don't target. There's also a significant amount of salmon returning to river systems with very little sport pressure.
    "Thank you for your order, would you like bycatch with that?"....
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksFlies View Post
    The commfish bio says sport should be happy to get 100% of the grayling and pike allocation, knowing quite well that no one is fighting over grayling or pike.
    BS is all I can about this comment. Post something of use or shut up. I am a biologist period.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    ….I believe if we take care of habitat and manage the stocks scientifically rather than politically...)
    I wish that were so, but I guess we can still be hopeful....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Wondering who our governor will appoint to the board next. While cook inlet allocation issues seem to be on everybody's mind, the board deals with statewide finfish and shellfish issues. How about somebody with a scientific background with no axe to grind? Oh,yeah. I guess we already had that in Ruffner and he was let go. Wishful thinking on my part.

He should choose the nominee by a random drawing from all dipnet permit holders, excluding Poison Ivy's husband.

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksFlies View Post
    He should choose the nominee by a random drawing from all dipnet permit holders, excluding Poison Ivy's husband.
    While I don't think a random drawing would be a good idea,I certainly am not opposed to a dipnet permit holder serving on the board. In fact, unless I am mistaken, our governor just removed the only dipnet pernit holder that was serving on the board.

Clark Penney, the grandson of Bob Penney, was awarded a $441,000 sole source contract for economic development with the State of Alaska, according to documents obtained by the Alaska Landmine through a records request. The contract was issued by the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA).
    Bob Penney's grandson, Clark Penney, awarded major sole ...

alaskalandmine.com/landmines/bob-penneys-grandson-clark-penney-awarded-major-sole-source-contr…

Bob didn't the judge on the board so he got his money back it looks like

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123