Thread: Smith&Wesson Vs. Springfield Armory 1911

Default Smith&Wesson Vs. Springfield Armory 1911

I am looking at purchasing a 1911. I have narrowed the choices down to either a Smith&Wesson 108282, or a Springfield Armory Operator. Which would you chose and why?

I think that is an apple or orange argument. It does not mater in the least between the two as the resale value will be about the same.

I have a Springfield and I love it. very accurate and reliable. I would highly recomened it. j.

Benelli,

This S&W is kind of a base model and the Springfield is up graded a bit. The S&W is $800 the Springfield is $1200.

There is no evidence that the S&W extractor is better or worse but it is different from standard 1911 parts, other parts are different as well.

Looking at the Armory Operator it is more in line with their TRP or maybe a Kimber TLE II. The A. O. also has a light rail.

So what criteria did you use to select these two? What features do you need? Fixed tritium sights? Adjustable sights? Light rail?

I wonder why you eliminated the Kimbers. The TLE with or with the light rail is a little less money and has a checkered front strap, that could be an advantage. I have to wonder if you've researched all the models out there.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?