Thread: Argo 8x8 used??

Default Argo 8x8 used??

So Iím currently getting rid of my 6x6 big boss to make the change over to an Argo. I was wondering if anyone here had any pointers to look for when purchasing a used Argo. My budget is 20k or less at the moment and Iím looking for an 8x8. Are there certain years to stay away from or known issues to look for.

Thanks,
    Joe

Several on craigslist right now. I ran many conquest for years got a 2017 avenger last year and wondered how I ever lived with one LOL!! One handed steering is nice Send me a Pm if you have any certain questions . I have bought many over the years would be glad to help you out
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    So Iím currently getting rid of my 6x6 big boss to make the change over to an Argo. I was wondering if anyone here had any pointers to look for when purchasing a used Argo. My budget is 20k or less at the moment and Iím looking for an 8x8. Are there certain years to stay away from or known issues to look for.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Hi Joe, just curious as to why you are making the switch? Iíve thought about it myself in the past but havenít. Thanks
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Hi Joe, just curious as to why you are making the switch? Iíve thought about it myself in the past but havenít. Thanks
    Because you can go anywhere https://youtu.be/sykE04bMNQQ
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

The main reason is kids and there starting to get to the age that I want to start taking them out. Plus the fact that I just donít think I can get a sxs in the area that I go hunting. Some years we have to use a boat to ferry wheelers, no way Iím fitting a sxs on a small boat safely lol. Donít get me wrong I love my 6x6, it does everything I ask of it within reason, but there have been plenty of times when Iíve been hunting and thought man if I had an Argo I could go over there. So Iím willing to give an Argo a try, if I donít like it I can always just go back to the 6x6.

Hey Joebut, I have a 2016 750hdi with the beadlocks and I have been very happy with it. Hunt,fish,and plow my road with it. You can get alot of machine for 20k. In the used market some nice rigs show up from time to time. When you look one over get it off the ground and wiggle the tires to check bearings and chains and sprockets. Options on Argos are very spendy and can ad to the price/value point. I would stay away from the older models as argo has stopped producing transmission parts and other parts as well. Stop by Allseasons Argo and talk to them guys, yes they do sell them but they love to share information weather you get your rig from them or not at least thats my experience with them.

Well did it!!! Finally got one. Canít wait to get it out and test what these things can EF4EE126-04B2-4DE9-9A00-F170E49B2865.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    Well did it!!! Finally got one. Canít wait to get it out and test what these things can EF4EE126-04B2-4DE9-9A00-F170E49B2865.jpg

So what do you think of it so far?

To be honest I havenít even taken the Argo out yet. Iíve been to busy working on the thing in a good way. Iíve been adding lights and customizing to the way that I want it. Almost done working on it so here in the next couple of weeks Iím hopping to get it out and see how easy itís going to be to get it stuck lol

I took my old Argo out for the first time and was amazed with how good of a job it did! Mine is a 86, the engine is tired and the transmission is a little noisy in low range, but it went through the swamp areas without any problems. First time I was able to drive to my property without walking the last 300 yards....now Iím looking for a newer one, since I believe I can use it year round and just have one Argo instead of a side x side and snow machine.