Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Recall

Default Taurus Recall

In case any of you have Taurus pistols more specifically the PT 745 Millennium Pro series, you can send the firearm back to Taurus for repair or replacement pistol, using there discretion.

Here is the link about the issue: http://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

Just go to the Taurus USA homepage and dial there customer service up during business hours, provide them the serial number of the pistol, and they will then let you know if it falls under the recall or not.

I sent four of these pistols back to Taurus...I never had any problem with the pistols and to me they were right on the money. Then again, I make it a habit not to drink and shoot or drop the pistols on hard surfaces either. I did not read the whole article as to what the problem was with the pistols...just a little assumption on my part, and I hope and pray no one got hurt when this happened to the person who filed the lawsuit.

Now you might ask, how did I find this out? Well, I was trying to sell my PT 745 Millennium Pro (not because I didn't like because I did) but because I wanted the funds to buy a different 45 pistol. And a perspective buyer asked if the recall work had been done, and I asked what recall? He pointed out the above mentioned website. I then called Taurus and spoke with them, provided the serial numbers of my pistols and sent all four of them back to Taurus in the same box.

They just received the box, and I just received an email stating it would take 12 weeks for repair/replacement. I'll know more in about 12 weeks and I will post the results when I know the results.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Today I received a call from Taurus USA. They will be replacing all four pistols that I sent in for repair. I sent the following pistols, 380, 40, 45, and one 9mm (Pink) that was my wifes. They will be replaced with a Taurus G2 pistol all in 9MM. Which is ok, since I have other 380's and 40 calibers. I have 45 LC revolvers but no 45 pistols. Umm...I see a gun purchase in my future. I'll let you know when the new guns arrive.

Dang. I think I'd be selling the new ones and buying Rugers!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Dang. I think I'd be selling the new ones and buying Rugers!
    Not a bad ideal...I like Rugers!

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Gun shop I know said that Taurus is the one brand he sends back to the factory the most....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Gun shop I know said that Taurus is the one brand he sends back to the factory the most....
    That's the way it was in my gun shop days long, long ago. Sad to hear that it's the same today. All the years since, I've been seriously shy of Taurus after so many shop pickups from the UPS guy. Only thing worse was a batch of 20 Franchi semi-auto shotguns we got in that era. Sold all 20. Shipped all 20 back to Franchi in the first year. Shipped most of them back again within the next 2 or 3 years.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Yesterday, I sent my FIRST Taurus back to them, in their new factory in Miami, FL
    for Warranty Repair, the 2ND time. (Light Primer Strikes, and FTFs. It doesn't seem to be ammunition sensitive. It has been willing to malfunction with 5 different ammo brands.

I've been leery of Taurus, but this lil 380 was irresistible. It handles recoil, better than my Walther PPK. I seen good reviews. I sure hope they can fix it. It's perfect for CC.

BTW, Taurus Warranty is no longer Lifetime. It is ONE Year.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post

BTW, Taurus Warranty is no longer Lifetime. It is ONE Year.
    That should tell us something too. Not that all guns should have a lifetime warranty, only that they realized that their product wasn't as good as they thought it was, and that warranty was probably eating their lunch....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

That should tell us something too. Not that all guns should have a lifetime warranty, only that they realized that their product wasn't as good as they thought it was, and that warranty was probably eating their lunch....
    Warranty work, certainly has an effect on their profit. Just the freight, back and forth, means they didn't make $$ on the sale to me. Especially, considering the price I paid.

Taurus isn't the ONLY company that has to fix their brand new guns.

My Ruger MK III went back, and should go again, because the bolt doesn't stay back after the last rnd in the magazine. I sent a NAA revolver back for repair, also.

I'm hoping they can get my Spectrum fixed, and it will work like the reviews, I've seen.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

The Taurus handguns that were moved to the one year warranty, have been moved back to the limited lifetime warranty:

http://www.taurususa.com/taurus-limi...me-warranty-2/

Quote Originally Posted by play2mefish View Post
    The Taurus handguns that were moved to the one year warranty, have been moved back to the limited lifetime warranty:

http://www.taurususa.com/taurus-limi...me-warranty-2/

Thanks, It's good to hear that.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Good news! I called Taurus today and I have FOUR new Taurus G2C's headed my way. Tracking number says they'll be here on Thursday. I can hardly wait...

Good news! I called Taurus today and I have FOUR new Taurus G2C's headed my way. Tracking number says they'll be here on Thursday. I can hardly wait...

Mawvelous. Instead of packin EXTRY magazines, you can pack EXTRY guns.

I like my SCCY CPX2. It's Merican Made, and reasonably priced.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Well, the new Taurus G2C's have arrived. I received four of them from Taurus this week. I wnet to pick them up at my FFL and they told me I had to wait until the boss got back from out of town due to having FOUR pistols to put on the Form 4473. Something about having to notify the state troopers and such because I was "buying" more than one. Umm....

So I asked the person behind the counter if I could go ahead and sign for one so I could have a peak and take it home. He said sure, no problem. Hey I said, my wife is here, can she sign for one too? Sure, no problem. So we took two of them home on a Thursday night, and then went back on Friday and picked up the other two.

Got them home cleaned them up but have not had to go shooting. This weekend has been planned already to log splitting and stacking. since we can rent a log splitter for 3 days and only have to pay for a one day rental! Sweet.

Anyway, I'll post back when I get to shoot the G2C and let you know what I think about the gun. More later when I know more...but I would wait up for me to know more....

Not good news...I finally got a chance to take the new Taurus G2C out to shoot. I loaded up the mag with 12 rounds, put the mag in the gun, racked the slide, pointed the gun down range and squeezed the trigger. Click! Whaattt...happened to the bang? Is this new? According to Taurus, you can squeeze the trigger if it didn't go bang the first time and it will revert back to double action, click again (I was beginning to think they had this gun hooked up to a computer mouse...it clicked well).

So I took the rounds that wouldn't fire and put them in the Ruger LC9S mag, racked the slide, pointed it down range, and squeezed the trigger. Bang bang bang bang bang until the mag was empty. Good ole trusty Ruger, went bang every time.

OK, so the manual says not to shoot reloads...and in all fairness, I was shooting reloads. The Ruger manual states the same and they all fired???

I will be back on the phone with Taurus tomorrow and will send it in for repair or replacement. OR just hear what they have to say.

The trigger feels like it is not cycling. Reminds me of the time I had a hi-point, and that's what it would do if it you didn't rack the slide just right. No, I don't have the hi-point any more either.

Now I feel a need to go try the other G2C's when I get a chance. I need them to go bang the first time I pull the trigger.

Well, more later when I know more.

Call'em, git a label, and send it back for repair. Test them all. If necessary, send them all back the same time.

Don't cut them ANY slack.

If not right, the same process over again.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Oops, the problem with the pistol not firing was operator error...my bad. Yesterday, I was sitting in the gun room looking at the pistol, taking it apart, looking at the pieces, and how they all worked. And realized the problem. The G2C has a very long trigger pull in the single action squeeze and I wasn't squeezing long enough.

Since the G2C has the trigger safety, I was squeezing the trigger and would hear a click and feel a click, not loud mind you but I could hear and feel it so I thought I was done. But, as I watched the trigger squeeze while facing the pistol, I noticed that it naturally stopped as in "staging" a trigger, and in reality you had to squeeze again to make it fire. And fire it did, quite well I might add.

It fired my reloads and the factory rounds with no issues whatsoever. I was quite pleased.

I did notice on the internet that there are several new triggers for this pistol due to the long pull. I might invest in one down the road. But for now I'm happy that I resolved my issue.

Now to call Taurus tomorrow and tell them I'm not shipping it back...as I resolved the issue. I suppose I'll have to tell them the truth...I had to exercise my trigger finger to gain enough strength to "SQUEEZE" for a longer period of time. LOL!

I was quite please with Taurus's new call center and the prompt attention of working with me while sending the four pistols in for repair. They didn't complain and I was able to understand them when they spoke...oh what a relief it was. Since they have moved or in the process of moving from Florida to Georgia, you well have to understand the southern language...and since my wife is from Georgia, I had a translator!

Anyway, that will wrap this thread up.

Over 25 years ago I sold a little five shot Taurus .38 Special to a gal I worked with. It is still going strong, she has fired it about 10 times. LOL

I refuse to have any firearm that is not reliable. Reliable to me is it has to go bang every time the trigger is pressed and has to have enough accuracy for the task at hand.

My S&W revolvers, Browning Hi Power, 1911 Springfield and several Glocks all do that and the semi autos will run longer when they are "dirty" then my revolvers will as they eventually get crud under the extractor star that has to be dealt with. I expect the Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt and two Tikka 6.5 Creeds will be reliable also.

I use Mod. 70 rifles with the wonderful "old style trigger", Mauser and 03A3 Springfield's are all reliable with their original battle proven trigger.

Not trying to come off as a "gun snob", but I think saving money for a reliable weapon is going to reward the shooter for most of their life time.

Oops, the problem with the pistol not firing was operator error...my bad. Yesterday, I was sitting in the gun room looking at the pistol, taking it apart, looking at the pieces, and how they all worked. And realized the problem. The G2C has a very long trigger pull in the single action squeeze and I wasn't squeezing long enough.

Since the G2C has the trigger safety, I was squeezing the trigger and would hear a click and feel a click, not loud mind you but I could hear and feel it so I thought I was done. But, as I watched the trigger squeeze while facing the pistol, I noticed that it naturally stopped as in "staging" a trigger, and in reality you had to squeeze again to make it fire. And fire it did, quite well I might add.

It fired my reloads and the factory rounds with no issues whatsoever. I was quite pleased.

I did notice on the internet that there are several new triggers for this pistol due to the long pull. I might invest in one down the road. But for now I'm happy that I resolved my issue.

Now to call Taurus tomorrow and tell them I'm not shipping it back...as I resolved the issue. I suppose I'll have to tell them the truth...I had to exercise my trigger finger to gain enough strength to "SQUEEZE" for a longer period of time. LOL!

I was quite please with Taurus's new call center and the prompt attention of working with me while sending the four pistols in for repair. They didn't complain and I was able to understand them when they spoke...oh what a relief it was. Since they have moved or in the process of moving from Florida to Georgia, you well have to understand the southern language...and since my wife is from Georgia, I had a translator!

Anyway, that will wrap this thread up.
    "I noticed that it naturally stopped as in "staging" a trigger, and in reality you had to squeeze again to make it fire. And fire it did, quite well I might add."

You hafta pull the trigger twice, or you weren't pulling it far enough????

I have 2, DAO pistols, and although they are harder to shoot accurately, the thing that I appreciate, is the SAFETY, of the long trigger pull.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Over 25 years ago I sold a little five shot Taurus .38 Special to a gal I worked with. It is still going strong, she has fired it about 10 times. LOL

I refuse to have any firearm that is not reliable. Reliable to me is it has to go bang every time the trigger is pressed and has to have enough accuracy for the task at hand.

My S&W revolvers, Browning Hi Power, 1911 Springfield and several Glocks all do that and the semi autos will run longer when they are "dirty" then my revolvers will as they eventually get crud under the extractor star that has to be dealt with. I expect the Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt and two Tikka 6.5 Creeds will be reliable also.

I use Mod. 70 rifles with the wonderful "old style trigger", Mauser and 03A3 Springfield's are all reliable with their original battle proven trigger.

Not trying to come off as a "gun snob", but I think saving money for a reliable weapon is going to reward the shooter for most of their life time.
    You're equating price to reliability. The most expensive gun is not always the most reliable gun.

If you own a bunch of auto pistols, some will be more reliable than others. And, it's likely, that they will all fail, although perhaps, rarely. Auto pistols are often ammunition sensitive.

If you end up with an Unreliable gun, about all you can do, ethically, is is send it back for Warranty Repair, and continue to do so, until, it functions right. Do you wanna sell your Unreliable gun to an unsuspecting buyer?

Lifetime Warranty is fine and dandy, but it should be Money Back option, too.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast