Thread: Top Quality Hunting Pack/scabbard

Default Top Quality Hunting Pack/scabbard

I SAW ALOT OF POST ON HUNTING PACKS AND WANTED TO INCLUDE ONE THAT I JUST RECEIVED YESTERDAY. IT IS MADE BY EBERLESTOCK. I GOT THE GUNSLINGER MODEL. THEY MAKE SEVERAL MODELS AND ALL HAVE A BUILT IN SCABBARD THAT EASILY CARRIES A HUNTING RIFLE IN THE SCABBARD. I PUT A MARLIN GUIDE GUN AND TWO FLY ROD TUBES IN MINE THIS MORNING. THEY COME IN CAMO AND 1000 DENIER CORDURA IN OLIVE,TAN, AND BLACK. THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST PACKS I HAVE EVER SEEN. EXTREMELY WELL THOUGHT OUT. IT HAS TONS OF PLACES TO ACCEPT MOL ACCESSORIES AND SUCH. EBERLESTOCK MAKES BAGS, ACCESSORY SCABBARDS, RAIN COVER, AND OTHER ACCESSORIES. THE BAGS WILL HOLD 2 3 LITER HYDRATION BLADDERS (WHICH ARE TOP QUALITY AND WITH NALGENE SIZE MOUTH FOR WATER FILTER HOOK UPS) ALOT OF PLANNING WENT INTO THIS PACK AND IT SHOWS. SOME ARE DAY PACK SIZE AND SOME ARE BIGGER. ANYONE LOOKING FOR A BACKPACK THAT WILL HOLD GUN AND ALL THE GEAR AND LEAVE THE HANDS FREE SHOULD ATLEAST CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE. WWW.EBERLESTOCK.COM. THEY SELL SOME OF THERE STUFF AT SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE. THE COMPANY IS IN IDAHO. GLEN EBERLE RUNS IT AND HAS PERSONALLY RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS AND OFFERED VARIOUS INSIGHTS ABOUT THE PACK AND ITS MANY APPLICATIONS. MINE WILL CARRY FOOD, STOVE, TENT, BAG, PAD, MARLIN, GPS, 4 FLY RODS, AND ASSORTED OTHER GEAR. IT WEIGHS 6 LBS AND IS BUILT LIKE A BRICK S&$T HOUSE.

I'll vote for the Eberlestock too. I bought the J105 model that can go up to 7000 cu.in. this winter and have been breaking it in all spring. It is as comfortable as an old jacket and is a very versatile pack. The integral scabbard got my attention but the features and quality of the pack are what made me choose it over the competition. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the market for a hard-core hunting pack.