Thread: Quiet raingear/windlayer for sheep hunt

Default Quiet raingear/windlayer for sheep hunt

I know there has been a lot of discussion about raingear in general. Specifically I am planning a sheep hunt in the corridor. I am wondering what you have all found to be quiet, camo, dryable, light weight, etc.
    I have Rivers West which I like but are pretty heavy and don't breath. I also have a set of rubberized med/light bibs/coat that are white. They are not breathable either.
    I have looked at the Frog Toggs, but don't know anybody that has experience with them. I find it hard to believe they are noiseless. What else? Any clues for a fellow archer?

I agree on the Rivers West gear. Check out the latest offerings in Cabela's and see if you can find it locally. I have some Browning pants that are quiet and I do not get wet. Since they have a fleece outer, they do hold some water.The Cabela's gear I have is a little bit loader but holds no water.

For sheep...Sports Hill pants are great and some Impertech gear as the rain pants is hard to beat.

Cheers,

matt

Default peter storm

I recommend Peter Storm rain gear highly. I have had same set 10 years I was in heavy rain this am and still works. You have to get it out of England for now. Check ebay- peter storm. The 3/4 cammo parker about $75 i was told last week. I think you can get pants and regular jacket too still. Heard Browning bought them so who knows whar will happen. Probaly another great product now quickly turned to chinese crap. I know they offer a similer material. I know several serious hunters up here that have used it for yours. It is the quietest that works

Default thanks guys and what about whites?

Thanks for all the clues. Gotta check the attic, but I think the white rainger I have is Peter Storm.
    I am leary about taking the whites. Just don't know about doing so on a bow hunt.

Look at the Impertechs by Helly Hansen!