Thread: Driving motorhomes up from Indiana?

Default Driving motorhomes up from Indiana?

I had an old buddy who drove up motorhomes from Indiana to AK and I thought he got paid to do it (reached out to him, but have had no contact). Does anyone have experience with this? Who do I contact or how can I find out about this? I'm a teacher and looking for a cheap adventure this summer versus driving my F250 from AK to WA/ID.

Thanks,
    Tim

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Yup, years ago the RV rental companies used to pay folks a stipend and reimbursed expenses, fuel etc, to relocate RVs both directions.

Not anymore. You now have to pay for the privilege and all the expenses.
    “Move that fat ass Henry!”
    “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

You're correct sir. All I can find is $100/day Class A rental and I have to pay gas! Can't blame them for wanting to make a buck, but I don't think they do stipends like they used to.

When we moved up here, several trips, we traveled with a group that were moving RVs from the factory to ANC for a rental place. We only talked to them a little bit, but it seemed the rental place was covering expenses plus a plane ticket home?

Edit: just asked the Wife and we can't remember the outfit's name. She remembers they had expenses covered as well. They were on a tight schedule.