Thread: Unit 7 Bear Stand Legality

Default Unit 7 Bear Stand Legality

I am trying to find a bear baiting location in Unit 7 and have been scouting the same locations as everyone else and their mom south of Anchorage. My question is, I thought tree stands needed to be removable at the end of each season so why is it that last year on a two mile I loop came across 6 stands by Ingram creek. Am I interpreting the regulations incorrectly and I am free to build whatever I want or are there really that may people disregarding the law?

It depends on who owns the land. On private property the land owner may grant permission to the person to leave them up.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by tanmanSD View Post
    I am trying to find a bear baiting location in Unit 7 and have been scouting the same locations as everyone else and their mom south of Anchorage. My question is, I thought tree stands needed to be removable at the end of each season so why is it that last year on a two mile I loop came across 6 stands by Ingram creek. Am I interpreting the regulations incorrectly and I am free to build whatever I want or are there really that may people disregarding the law?
    Hehehehehe.........I know where this conversation leads.
    Part One https://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/cfnrock.shtml
    There is also a Part Two

Iíve come across many stands... youíre not in season, technically youíre just cleaning up after someone else and can score some goods!

Scouting out spots before season last year I found a handful of stands left up. Just moved on to the next spot, a lot of people leave everything, some leave the stand and no barrel, others remove everything. Crowded areas like Ingram Creek area have about 80 stands between there and turnagain pass. In other words 10 baits a square mile. Not worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro