Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13' KaBoat SK385XL

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    It's here!
    Nice! When mine came the plastic "seat to tube strap" things were broken on two of the seats, but i wasn't planning on using them anyway.

I'll have to see where mine was built, hope yours is well built and that boatstogo doesn't run into a supply problem.

Looking forward to updates!

I unfolded the boat this morning and found 4 out of 5 bladders held air just fine. The left rear valve was loose and leaked faster than I could pump the manual pump. I sent an email to Boatstogo and got a prompt reply with instructions on how to tighten the valve which I followed and now it doesn't leak at all. Good service from them and Eliot in particular.

I set my frame I built on the boat and it looks like it will work just as I planned. I set my Merc 3.3 hp on the transom and I can see where there could be some conflict with the 9.9hp on there with the wheels installed. Not sure yet but the 3.3 may clear the wheels with them up. The 55 ft lbs trolling motor will work just fine but looks like I need a stable spot for the battery. Any suggestions on how to install the battery?

I'm busy working on my new house but will get this thing wet soon.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Are you running all three motors at once?
    What speeds you hoping to get?
    Distance? Id personally leave the trolling motor off. 3.3 will be slow. That 9.9 would be all you need with oats or that 3.3 and the oars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Any suggestions on how to install the battery?
    Dang I need to learn how to post pictures! OK, I'm using Coleman Xtreme coolers for my seats, they fit pretty nice between the tubes. (I know they're not $350 coolers and I am suitably ashamed, they only keep ice cold for the first 4 days of my one day trips instead of 5 days of my one day trips). The battery goes in one of the seat/coolers, with a wood "thing" built to fill the empty cooler floor space to keep the battery from sliding around within the cooler. Drilled holes in the cup holder divots in the top of the cooler for battery cables to come out of, one cup divot hole positive, one negative. My trolling motor has alligator clips vs. a plug. When trolling, I just connect the 'gator clips to the end of the battery cables that come out of the cup holders.

I rigged up a trolling motor mount on my rowing frame, so the troller sits off to the side of the tubes vs. transom and having to take motors on and off.

Glad the valve was fixable and hope the whole thang works great and guessing the 9.9 will be the way to go.

Number 2 son has my 12' Duraboat with the 9.9 and I will see it again when the snow flies.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Wheels are mounted and it looks like there will be some interference with the 3.3 at about 75 degree turns left and right with the motor set all the way forward or down. When I lift it up to the 3rd notch it only does maybe 60 degrees each way so if the boat will plane in the first notch that's the best way to run it. On the other hand the issue probably only causes a problem at slow speed when I can use full right or left.

Gotta get some goop to seal the holes in the transom then the wheels are ready.

I'm loosing some air in the left rear valve so it needs a little more snugging up and see if that controls the leak. Really isn't much space for a pump in the boat so I don't want a leak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123