Thread: Fly Fishing the North Side of the Glenn, starting @ Moose Creek, Buffalo Mine Rd.

Talking Fly Fishing the North Side of the Glenn, starting @ Moose Creek, Buffalo Mine Rd.

Fly Fishing up the Glenn-Hiway to Eureka, this Summer 2019, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,,,,, or what ever you got.
    TG
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ]

I am guessing most of the creeks have greyling. You might find some rainbows but I havenít really seen many people fishing those creeks while driving the road in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Thanks for the reply,,,,, and Yea,,,, thats kind of what I was thinking, we've got some family coming up in July for a short 5-days, so I was thinking about that area vs. the Combat fishing up the Parks,,,,, whats the word on Moose Creek, Buffalo Mine rd., for Trout,,,, any good......
    TG

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Thanks for the reply,,,,, and Yea,,,, thats kind of what I was thinking, we've got some family coming up in July for a short 5-days, so I was thinking about that area vs. the Combat fishing up the Parks,,,,, whats the word on Moose Creek, Buffalo Mine rd., for Trout,,,, any good......
    TG
    Mostly dollies, watch for bears.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Mostly dollies, watch for bears.
    Yea,,,, a Big 10/4 on that,,,, I'll have my Mossberg 3" w/Brenneke's loaded-up,,,, I'll have my waders on, but no fishing this time,,,,, just Guard Duty, as we make are way up the creek, I've told the boys about the Bears,,,, but they are from Montana's Bitter Root Valley area, so they are used to the Wild-Life, and pretty much keep their Head on a Swivel,,,, but this is their 1st trip to the Great-Land, and I want to make it a Good One.
    TG

I would either go the other direction and fish my way north towards Cantwell along the Parks or would go past Eureka and fish grayling and eventually rainbows and lake trout up towards Paxson.

I'd fish the Parks streams anyday over the Glen. Combat fishing can be found at the creek mouths on occasion, but upstream just a short distance (or far distance), you'll find empty gravel bars and ample fish to satisfy anyone.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    I'd fish the Parks streams anyday over the Glen. Combat fishing can be found at the creek mouths on occasion, but upstream just a short distance (or far distance), you'll find empty gravel bars and ample fish to satisfy anyone.
    That has been my experience up that way as well. I would be hard pressed to want to fish palmer to eureka instead of any of the parks streams. many of areas up the parks that you can get into with a little effort and get away from people. End even if you are fishing behind some one youre often able to get a fish or 2 that they missed. Seems like when i fish through a hole my buddy comes up and makes a few passes and will hook up.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Hey Guy's,,,,, thanks much for all your input,,,,,, but it looks like we might be headed for the Denali Hiway, and the Brush-Kana Camp Ground, and Fish out to the Tangle Lakes Area, and back down the Glenn,,,,, could be a good 5-Day run.
    TG

See my private message.