Thread: Kenai peninsula help...

Default Kenai peninsula help...

We will be leaving Eagle River Thurs to head to Homer for my Charter
    Husband is looking for a place to fish salmon on Fri. 27th While I am out trying to catch the big Halibut. Any suggestions??

Don't know how the anchor or ninilchik are, but he might consider (1) the kasilof (double limits) (2) kenai river around soldotna/kenai (3) kenai river around sterling. He also might want to either experiment with different places or at least wait for some reports right before he goes (kasilof could easily be hot while kenai is dead, for example). You know this is an "oopen seat" thread, right? Do you have a free extra seat available on the charter :-)?

Thanks for the info even if I was in the wrong thread. I'll learn yet.
    We are checking out the Kenai in the am on the way to Homer.

Let him fish fish the Kenai while your catching the big Butts and pick him up on the way home. LOL Kenai is his best bet. Go win the derby girl
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks, I'll surely try. Maybe I will have a picture. A couple yrs ago it was 90# We fly out on the 6th for home in WI. We will really miss this place. Hoping for July and August next yr. Have a great cabin here in Eagle River(Peters Creek). Will be checking out you guys on the forum . TX for the winter. Audrey & Paul

Sorry to say I have no bragging pic's. I was fishing on charter with 5 guys' Guess they got tired of throwing back the small ones so did not want to stay out as long as I did. Since I was the only one left to fill & a girl I had to settle for the 25#, darn. Because there were fish in the area the captain would not move to different spot. No more Homer for me.

What charter did you go fishing with?