i went out again last night. saw lots of rollers and we fished hard. couldnt get them to bite at all. after hours of fishing and two on the bank i notice one is a silver and one is a red. then we start noticing all the rollers are reds, fish are there but no bite, makes sense. next thing you know my partner lands another fish and upon close investigation realize its a chum. next to each other they all seem pretty similar, all were chrome. on our way back in we stopped at a spot where a couple kids (22-23 yr old is a kid to me) had one on. we watch as they brought it in then walk over to see what they have. he said they had 4 silvers but in fact had two reds and two chum. after pondering this awhile we came to the conclusion that most people dont know how to id fish. and when people are pulling out and the gate keeper asked "well, how did you do?' they say we caught 3-4 silvers when in fact they probably werent. i think the silver count is very wrong. my opinion is i dont think the silvers are in there very good at all. i mean out of like 6 fish i looked at 1 was a silver. what is pretty cool though is in the little su right now you have kings (saw a big king roll last night, like a big whale!), silvers, supposedly pinks, reds and chum. what a fish fest! oh and if i might add...
BAIT ISNT ALLOWED UNTILL AUG 6TH!