Thread: First ski flight!

Default First ski flight!

Got my first-ever ski flight in today. Did a few laps at the airport, then went out to play. Didn't really need skis since there was basically zero snow, but it still was ridiculously fun! Have a lot to learn and deeper snow will certainly be a different game, but I sure am excited about the potential for new adventures!

Awesome! Iím not too far behind you. Just waiting on updated paper work. How was being on the glare ice? You still have your metal skeg on?

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No metal skeg. There is a plastic skeg down the middle that seems to help it track straight on snow, but doubt it makes any difference on glare ice. The glare ice wasn't a problem, though having zero brakes will take some getting used to. Even pulling up to get some fuel was an adventure for this rookie.

I removed my metal skeg and have a plastic runners as well on my Aeros. At 1st I replaced one of the screws positioned under the pedestal with a bolt that allowed the bolt head to stick out a bit. That was too much drag, so we removed (rescrewed) and went back one screw hole (aft of the pedestal) and put a washer on the screw and screwed it back in so the screw head was flush but the washer allowed a little bit of drag. Can still push around by hand but the washer does bite into the ice just a bit. Got to taxi around the airport on Friday night after monkeying around with the skis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your going to have a ton of fun this spring!

US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page