Thread: Old Iditarod Trail

Default Old Iditarod Trail

We are thinking about trying to get out to alexander to try some fishing. I was curious if anyone knows if the old iditarod trail is in across from where the trail from flathorn dumps into the su. Called yentna station and they werent sure if the trail that goes in from the bend is in all the way to the lake or not.

Thanks
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Charterboat Operator

that trail is in. be slow and respectful of the trails and airstrip by Trail Lake.
    It is much easier to go up the Yentna and go in from the trail that connects into the old Iditarod, it is much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    that trail is in. be slow and respectful of the trails and airstrip by Trail Lake.
    It is much easier to go up the Yentna and go in from the trail that connects into the old Iditarod, it is much faster.
    Yeah but it isn't as much fun and pretty! The trail on the old iditarod is a neat trail to travel.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

The trail is in, we, the Jr Iditarod Trail Crew, went through from the Big Su to Trail Lake and Eagle Song. Note though that part of the trail we put in runs through the Otter Lake Subdivision and that part of the trail is private. We use it by permission. The actual Iditarod Trail runs around this section somehow but I've never been on it and don't know if it is broke out or how long that section is.