Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trouble on louise

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    ATVs ruin the trails and create a major safety concern for all users of the trails. Lots of people use the trails to haul freight to and from their cabins. Ruts in the trails created by ATVs could cost someone their life.
    I feel your pain here. I've been cutting firewood and some numskull ran over my trail with a truck today. I hooked a ski into one of the deeper ruts and almost upended. No biggie for you younger guys but us old guys that don't heal as fast towing 500 lbs. of firewood it could be painful.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    No biggie for you younger guys but us old guys that don't heal as fast...
    Their time will come my friend.....their time will come.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

This tournament and the people behind it are showing just a complete lack of respect for the lake Louise community. The only people that will benefit from this is the point lodge the guide and Alaska healing hearts. Lake Louise lodge wants nothing to do with this event and even if they had rooms available they would not be renting to anyone in the tournament. I will not believe that the lake trout population is the healthiest itís ever been until I see and official study from fish and game. I will not trust the word of a person that I know to be untrustworthy. By the way Patrick how in the world did you get a guide liscense with so many fishing violations. Iíve personally seen the troopers give you a ticket so whatís up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhardwater View Post
    This tournament and the people behind it are showing just a complete lack of respect for the lake Louise community. The only people that will benefit from this is the point lodge the guide and Alaska healing hearts. Lake Louise lodge wants nothing to do with this event and even if they had rooms available they would not be renting to anyone in the tournament. I will not believe that the lake trout population is the healthiest itís ever been until I see and official study from fish and game. I will not trust the word of a person that I know to be untrustworthy. By the way Patrick how in the world did you get a guide liscense with so many fishing violations. Iíve personally seen the troopers give you a ticket so whatís up with that.

Akhardwater it it takes nothing to be a fresh water fishing guide it is my understanding all you need to do is register as one I will be visiting the Alaska fish and game today to get clarity on this subject. Yet people somehow consider them the gods of fishing even though they came up from Texas a couple years ago and truly know nothing about the lake system. I had asked for a list of the benefits of this fishing event other then to one lodge, a couple guides, and a non profit, but have heard nothing back.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567