Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble on louise

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    I truly hope the ice fishing community stay away from this event.

Then I suggest a number of you get vocal and let the uneducated masses know entirely what is at stake....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post

Then I suggest a number of you get vocal and let the uneducated masses know entirely what is at stake....

Thank you you for the response, the first thing is to let people know what is going on and I believe that is happening, I did a little research and there are states that have outlawed catch and release fishing events because of the mortality rate. I could post the contact information for the people promoting the event if there is a interest.

It would a good thing for individuals to get in touch with the Board of Fisheries with their concerns. They are also accepting fish proposals until April 10th.

How about No fishing contests allowed on Lake Louise/Susitna and Crosswind Lake.

myADF&G

Boards Support Section
    Division Staff

Boards Support Staff

Executive Director, Board of Fisheries
    Glenn Haight(907) 465-6095
    glenn.haight@alaska.gov

Executive Director, Board of Game
    Kristy Tibbles(907) 465-6098
    kristy.tibbles@alaska.gov

Regional Advisory Committee Contacts

Regional Coordinators

Most regional coordinators are available seasonally from September through April. For assistance during summer months regardless of region, please contact the Southeast Regional Coordinators listed below.
    Southeast Region

Northern
    Lena Gilbertson - lena.gilbertson@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 465-4046
    Fax: (907) 465-6094
    Southern
    Jessalynn Rintala - jessalynn.rintala@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 465-6097
    Fax: (907) 465-6094
    Arctic Region

Hazel Smith - hazel.smith@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 442-1717
    Fax: (907) 442-2420
    Interior Region

Nissa Pilcher - nissa.pilcher@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 459-7263
    Fax: (907) 459-7258
    Southcentral Region

Sherry Wright - sherry.wright@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 267-2354
    Fax: (907) 267-2489
    Western Region

Jen Peeks - jennifer.peeks@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 543-2931
    Fax: (907) 543-2021
    Southwest Region

Taryn O'ConnorĖBrito - taryn.oconnor-brito@alaska.gov
    Phone: (907) 842-5142
    Fax: (907) 842-5937

For additional contact information for the Department of Fish and Game, see our Contact Us page.
    If you are unsure where the person you are looking for works within the State of Alaska, see the Employee Directory.

Section Navigation

About Us

Yes, I am completly for that, I am all in for no fishing events on the lakes,

i have been been doing some research concerning the connection with the 501c3 Healing Hearts and the point lodge, It is my opinion that healing hearts and the lodge are connected at the hip, if you look at the flyer it says that cabela's and the sportmans warehouse are sponsoring the event, the only thing is the director for healing hearts also manages Cabela's as well as was the past manager for the sportmans warehouse, if you want to look up some information about healing hearts Google healing hearts of Alaska form 990 filing, it is also my opinion that the non profit supplies the people using state grants hires the lodge for room and meals and a guided fishing trip that way everybody makes money, again these are my opinions you will need to do some research to come up with your own. In the end the limited resources on the lake are being used up at the expense of the causal user.

Yes, I am completly for that, I am all in for no fishing events on the lakes,

i have been been doing some research concerning the connection with the 501c3 Healing Hearts and the point lodge, It is my opinion that healing hearts and the lodge are connected at the hip, if you look at the flyer it says that cabela's and the sportmans warehouse are sponsoring the event, the only thing is the director for healing hearts also manages Cabela's as well as was the past manager for the sportmans warehouse, if you want to look up some information about healing hearts Google healing hearts of Alaska form 990 filing, it is also my opinion that the non profit supplies the people using state grants hires the lodge for room and meals and a guided fishing trip that way everybody makes money, again these are my opinions you will need to do some research to come up with your own. In the end the limited resources on the lake are being used up at the expense of the causal user.
    ok I want to make a correction the business names are listed not as sponsors, but they at least give you the impression that they are

As to the BOF process, if you look at the subjects and areas covered in the call for proposals you will see that the lake Louise area is not in this cycle the only possible approach would be to make a statewide proposal that would be all inclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    As to the BOF process, if you look at the subjects and areas covered in the call for proposals you will see that the lake Louise area is not in this cycle the only possible approach would be to make a statewide proposal that would be all inclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is a link where healing hearts was requesting a grant to purchase a lodge, my guess they ended up buying the point lodge, if that is the case we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as far as fishing pressure on the surrounding lakes.

https://www.omb.alaska.gov/ombfiles/.../proj59091.pdf

So if the tournament is open to the Healing Hearts program, are the fishermen going to be veterans with disabilities only? Or, open to the public?

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

I think drawing up a statewide proposal to ban tournaments on all natural lakes is a big step in the right direction. I believe the mat su game and fish commission is meeting at the end of February and it probably would be a good place to start by bringing this event to their attention with our concerns. I think by banding together as a community we have a good shot at putting a stop to this thing before it even starts. Getting the support from the Facebook goons could be difficult.

I believe it is open to everyone except me for some reason. Donít ask me why because frankly I donít care. They are also promoting the use of atvs to encourage more participation. We all know what a 4-wheeler on a groomed trail in the afternoon sun can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhardwater View Post
    I believe it is open to everyone except me for some reason. Donít ask me why because frankly I donít care. They are also promoting the use of atvs to encourage more participation. We all know what a 4-wheeler on a groomed trail in the afternoon sun can do.

Yes 4 wheelers will tear up the trail. I for one will not support the program because number one in my opinion this is nothing more then a self serving program between a lodge and a not for profit at the expense of the local fisheries. the lakes will never be able to handle the on going fishing pressure, I hope the fishing community will also find a better place to fish even if it is up at the crosswind, lake Louise system just not part of their program.

there was a test on survival rates for bait caught trout and that alone dropped the survival rate down to the mid 60%. From what I have been able to find out the other businesses in the area are not for this event In any way. I truly hope the ice fishing community stay away from this event.

Air time is bad. One study by R.A. Ferguson and B.L. Tufts looked at the amount of time a fish is exposed to air after caught, and discovered that every second literally counts. Fish that were exercised but released without being held out of the water had a survival rate of 88 percent. But with 30 seconds air exposure, that dropped to 62 percent, and at one minute, it was a mere 28 percent. Makes sense. Imagine running a few laps around the track, and then dunking your head in a bucket of water. Think about those numbers when you go to take that photograph of the big trout you just landed. Try to keep those shots to 10 seconds or less, if at all possible.

Think about that with salmon, especially king salmon.

If you have a link to that study I would like to see it.

How's about them PATS!!!!
    ďI would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.Ē Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post

I personely gave up salmon fishing years ago, so all the ones I would have caught survived, unless somebody else caught them LOL. But on a serious note yes it is hard on all fish tone completly tired down and then released.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Congrats on the most boring super bowl to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Had a conversation with the Glenallen Fish and Game, they have concerns about the mortality of the wild trout. They will give you the boxed everything will be ok but I could tell ona personel level they are worried, they are going to have a meeting with the lodge on Thursday and will have a large presents during the event please call with concerns the people that do so will only help, 907-822-3309

Is that number to the glenallen fish and game representative you talked to? If so I will be calling. Just wanted to make sure who i was going to be calling when using that number. There seems to be gaining interest on the social media pages so we need all the support we can get to voice our concerns to the powers to be.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Is that number to the glenallen fish and game representative you talked to? If so I will be calling. Just wanted to make sure who i was going to be calling when using that number. There seems to be gaining interest on the social media pages so we need all the support we can get to voice our concerns to the powers to be.
    yes, and he said he had been getting calls from concern people, so yes please call the more the better.

The one thing the point lodge needs to understand, we are the folks that support the lodges throughout the year, 99% of the people that will be going up for this event will be just going up there once they do not support the Point Lodge the rest of the year, I for one will not darken their door after this.

The one thing the point lodge needs to understand, we are the folks that support the lodges throughout the year, 99% of the people that will be going up for this event will be just going up there once they do not support the Point Lodge the rest of the year, I for one will not darken their door after this.
    It is the Point Lodge only that is doing this event, the rest of the local lodges and bussness have nothing to with it.

Sometimes people do things with the best intentions. Healing Hearts is a program with good intentions. The lodge probably had good intentions too. More than likely, after this they won't try it again.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast