Thread: Skidoo Tundra 600 ACE Question

Default Skidoo Tundra 600 ACE Question

I think I know the answer to this but just maybe some one has a quick fix for me.

My daughter was running my Tundra, 600 ACE and rolled her on her side but no whether was attached. By the time I found her the engine had killed it's self. I wan not able to restart the engine and did some reading online. It appears that the ACE is designed to kill it's self to prevent engine damage but all I read is you now have to take the son-go into to town and have the brain box cleared by a skidoo dealer. Well I live 200 miles from town and don't really want to do that is I can find a way to by pass or reset the Brain Box in Gakona.

My question is this possible or am I screwed and this will be taking her to Team CC?

Feed Back please!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals
    907-259-4290

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    I think I know the answer to this but just maybe some one has a quick fix for me.

My daughter was running my Tundra, 600 ACE and rolled her on her side but no whether was attached. By the time I found her the engine had killed it's self. I wan not able to restart the engine and did some reading online. It appears that the ACE is designed to kill it's self to prevent engine damage but all I read is you now have to take the son-go into to town and have the brain box cleared by a skidoo dealer. Well I live 200 miles from town and don't really want to do that is I can find a way to by pass or reset the Brain Box in Gakona.

My question is this possible or am I screwed and this will be taking her to Team CC?

Feed Back please!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals
    907-259-4290
    you have skidoo dealer in Tok and Delta Jct, I would give them a call see what they say..

This thread on DooTalk suggests that the persistent alarm code is a warning only and clears itself eventually as long as the fault condition doesn't recur.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic...ip-over/page-2

If it won't start, there may be something else going on.

Thanks for int input guys..

I have been working for the past 3 weeks and just got home. My plan was to drag the girl on the trailer and take her to town. Guess what?

She fired right up!! Took her for a ride and no problems??

Time cures all?

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    Thanks for int input guys..

I have been working for the past 3 weeks and just got home. My plan was to drag the girl on the trailer and take her to town. Guess what?

She fired right up!! Took her for a ride and no problems??

Time cures all?

Walt
    It's nearly impossible to hurt an ACE motor unless you slam them into a tree at 60mph. They have so many fail safe aspects that they will shut themselves down and reset with time. If it happens again, diconnect the battery, let it sit 5 minutes, and the codes will clear themselves. (personal experience). The same thing works if it ever goes into 'limp mode' - then you can get back to the road if need be.

Great machine!