Thread: Don Youngs response regarding OSHA ammo deal

Default Don Youngs response regarding OSHA ammo deal

I got this email from Young (or atleast his office) regarding the OSHA deal and my email I sent to him. I was wondering if anyone else got anything similar. It felt good to get something back that addresses the specific issue rather than a canned "thank you for your concern, I am pro gun rights". I suppose others may have gotten the same email?

Dear Mr. Schneider ,

T hank you for contacting me about the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) proposed regulations regarding explosives safety. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue. As Alaska 's Representative in Congress for thirty-five years, I have sponsored and cosponsored many bills and resolutions that ensure a law-abiding citizen's right to own firearms. I believe the original intent of the Second Amendment was to protect each individual's right to keep and bear arms and I will continue to defend that right.

As you know, OSHA, in an attempt to create new safety regulations for businesses that dealt with explosives, proposed regulations that severely restricted small arms dealers and other businesses such as gunsmiths and gun ranges. After the impact of their regulation was brought to the attention of Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, however, OSHA has stated that it will revise their proposed language to ensure that it does not restrict the sale of small arms and small arms ammunition while still updating the regulations for the handling and transport of explosives.

Rest assured that I will continue to aggressively monitor this situation. While there is no legislation pending regarding this issue, should any come before the House for a vote, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Once again, thank you for expressing your views on this issue. If you haven't already done so, I would encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter at http://donyoung.house.gov/IMA/issue_subscribe.htm . This will allow me to provide you with updates on this and other important issues. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

DON YOUNG

Congressman for All Alaska
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

...and after posting this today I got a letter in the mail from Lisa Murkowski. Anyone else?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Haven't received anything myself, but it slipped my mind after faxing out the letter to OSHA. Even his letter that you posted didn't address primer caps or powder, and that still concerns me. I don't currently reload, but I hope to purchase my first press soon.
    Chris Willhoite

I got a letter from Lisa, but not from the others.

Received the same email from Rep. Young, and a letter from Sen. Murkowski. Nothing from Sen. Stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    ...and after posting this today I got a letter in the mail from Lisa Murkowski. Anyone else?
    I'm not impressed with either Murkowski or Stephens ...both supported the amnesty bill until it was very obvious that it would fail. Doesn't sound to me like they believe in the rule of law or American's rights.

bd