Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IHPC Meeting

Something is seriously wrong when there is more BYCATCH than actual catch.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    ""The Council also instructed the Charter Halibut Management Committee’s 3A representatives to convene a public teleconference meeting prior to the Jan/Feb 2020 Council meeting and the IPHC’s February 2020 Annual Meeting at which they will make recommendations on management measures that could achieve a 1.24 million pound harvest. The timing of that meeting and instructions for public accessibility will be noticed in the Federal Register and publicized on the NPFMC website in the coming weeks."

In other words be prepared for further cuts than the two days a week.

What would 2 fish daily, both under 42 inches, do to the quota?

The “under 26/28 inch” fish is a waste of time in my opinion, and I don’t keep them generally. But I don’t care to eat anything much over 40 pounds.

Seems like charters keep getting the shaft. Sorry for the operators.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCaster View Post
    What would 2 fish daily, both under 42 inches, do to the quota?

The “under 26/28 inch” fish is a waste of time in my opinion, and I don’t keep them generally. But I don’t care to eat anything much over 40 pounds.

Seems like charters keep getting the shaft. Sorry for the operators.

That would probably double the current charter harvest. charter operators are taking the same percentage of reduction as longliners. Both groups are managed to abundance, which is low right now. The management measure are decided primarily by the charter halibut management committee, which is made up entirely of charter and lodge operators that fish for halibut. So while you may not like the measures, the members of this committee with plenty of input for industry decides what is the least difficult changes. These guys all do this at their own expenses. here is where to find out who is on the committee. Stop and thank them for their service if you know them, it is a crappy job.

https://www.npfmc.org/charter-halibu...-sharing-plan/

Any update on the 3a area (mabye 2a as well) meeting that is going to be held before the official meeting begins?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12