Thread: Finger Lake

Default Finger Lake

Has anyone been out on Finger or are folks avoiding the big lakes because of the earthquake?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abob View Post
    Has anyone been out on Finger or are folks avoiding the big lakes because of the earthquake?

Thanks
    Not sure about Finger, but I know Visnaw lake was cracked up pretty bad after the quake.

I live on Finger Lake. Not into ice fishing but I've been seeing trucks on the lake the last few days.

Cottonwood is smaller but close to finger and the ice was great 3 weeks ago. Plenty of people driving on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch out for fish farts.

I see people on the lake. I am personally a bit nervous about driving on it. I know there was an open spot near one of the island just before the cold weather last week. Be safe.

Was there Monday. Measured 16” of clear ice and fishing was good. Drove out on it no problem. There is a spring on the far side of the island by the state park so I avoid driving over there. If you stay between the island and the state park you should be fine.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by Akhardwater View Post
    Watch out for fish farts.
    I'm pretty sure the triploid (sexless) fish they stock in there don't fart. Just the male fish fart remember?