Thread: How many tip-ups allowed for pike

Default How many tip-ups allowed for pike

I can't find it in the regs. How many tip-ups allowed in the knik arm area? Specifically the Flathorn and Figure8 lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by kobuk View Post
    I can't find it in the regs. How many tip-ups allowed in the knik arm area? Specifically the Flathorn and Figure8 lakes.
    No limit for pike in the knik arm. Page 39 of the fishing regs states the following.

NORTHERN PIKE
    • No limit.
    • Northern pike may be taken by spear, sport fishinggear, ice fishing gear, or by bow and arrow (the arrowmust be attached to the bow with a line and the arrowmust have a barbed tip).
    • When fishing through the ice for northern pike, anglersmay use two hooks on a single line, provided that bothhooks are attached to one single piece of bait.

Figure 8 and Flathorn Lakes it says you can use 5 lines at a time. The following found on page 40 and 41.

Figure Eight Lake:
    • Northern pike: Sport fishing through the ice fornorthern pike is allowed using 5 lines, providedstandard ice-fishing gear is used, the fishing gear isclosely attended, and all other fish caught are releasedimmediately. Anglers may use 2 hooks on a singleline, provided that both hooks are attached to onesingle piece of bait.

Flathorn Lake:
    • Northern pike: Sport fishing through the ice fornorthern pike is allowed using 5 lines, providedstandard ice-fishing gear is used, the fishing gear isclosely attended, and all other fish caught are releasedimmediately. Anglers may use 2 hooks on a singleline, provided that both hooks are attached to onesingle piece of bait.

Thank you. I was looking at the online regs. Looks like I need to find my paper copy, it shows a lot more info. I appreciate your help.