Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best side by sides

I personally DO NOT like windshields, they add weight,make noise,always dirty,hold stagnant hot dusty air in.i like to see the trail and feel the wind in my face,in winter I wear my snowmachine gear teehee
    “Thank you Polaris for making me a better mechanic”

Default Honda Pioneer Vote

Quote Originally Posted by bluehammer View Post
    IÂ’m happy with my Honda Pioneer 700-4. Good machine. Not terribly fast, but plenty of power and the ability to go from a 2 seater with a bed to a 4 seater.
    I have the Honda Pioneer 700-4 too, which is perfectly sized for my needs. Great machine, plenty of power, no belts and Honda reliability, but I am a Honda guy so there may be some bias. The 2 seats in the back are a very slick setup. Top speed? I couldn't tell you because I don't need the speed, if I did I would buy a totally different machine. The 700 is reasonably priced. The Pioneers do not have the flashy graphics, bucket seats, fancy electronics or abundance of cool options, this my be interpreted as an "entry level" machine but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Can anyone comment on the Pioneer 500? Seems like a nice small machine

I put 60 miles on the 1000. Ran good. I'll probably take the roof off next time if moon dust is in the area. We have been gearing up and collecting all the goggles and dust masks at home. Bought some masks from Cabelas last xmas. Getting a pull pal land anchor next. It's overkill but that is what I want for such an investment and hopefully easier extraction vs creating a engineer project in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth Hunter View Post
    I put 60 miles on the 1000. Ran good. I'll probably take the roof off next time if moon dust is in the area. We have been gearing up and collecting all the goggles and dust masks at home. Bought some masks from Cabelas last xmas. Getting a pull pal land anchor next. It's overkill but that is what I want for such an investment and hopefully easier extraction vs creating a engineer project in the mud.
    If you are running a windshield and roof you have to put the rear curtain up behind the front seats. It doesn't solve 100% of it but it's better than taking the roof off. I have the two piece windshield and I will also crack it open when it's dusty so it kind of pressurizes the cabin a touch. Makes a huge difference.

I took off my front windshield and just run the rear windshield and top. Makes a world of difference with the dust in the cab.

There was a guy on facebook and craiglist that was making some land anchors locally. They pop up ever so often. Try the facebook group AK Mudslingers

My next on board tool investment. Made in Northpole. You don't need facebook to open the link and get contact #.

https://www.facebook.com/Northstarfab/

Quote Originally Posted by tracen8r View Post
    My next on board tool investment. Made in Northpole. You don't need facebook to open the link and get contact #.

https://www.facebook.com/Northstarfab/

Thats the guy.

I've done a ton of mods to mine but one of the most valuable so far has been mounting a Handy-Man jack to the roll bar above the tail gate. I was recently hung up in a spot that even a land anchor would have been useless, too many logs/stumps under me for the winch to pull, I had to lift up to get free to pull. Just get a set of the roll bar mounts and it stays up there really nice.
    20181001_142010.jpg

Nice setup......well I took the pioneer out this last weekend for dipnet fishing on the beach. Worked great in sand and rain and just hauling fish coolers and nets. Bought the pull pal land anchor....got the overkill one that is for jeeps. We will see what hunting season brings

Nice setup......well I took the pioneer out this last weekend for dipnet fishing on the beach. Worked great in sand and rain and just hauling fish coolers and nets. Bought the pull pal land anchor....got the overkill one that is for jeeps. We will see what hunting season brings
    I wonder how the anchors work in sand? Did you try it?
    -Tim

Didn't try nor even came close to getting stuck however the pamphlet says it is more difficult as expected. sand, mud....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12