Thread: Fly fishing trip in the inflatable jet boat

Supporting Member

Default Fly fishing trip in the inflatable jet boat

Went on a 2 day 2 night trip with a friend at the end of September up one of the larger rivers here in Southeast. We were hoping to find some cohos, bull trout, and maybe some rainbows and steelhead. Ended up connecting on all four accounts. We were lucky with conditions, it was a very dry september which made for low/clear conditions.
    Although I had hoped to get 20miles further upriver with the prop boat we had enough fuel to run the jet. All in all we ran 130 river miles and burned 28 gallons averaging 16mph upriver and 22-24 down. Saw 4 grizzlies on gravel bars that looked at us like we were their dietary suppliments for the low salmon year, luckily we had brought bacon and new york steaks to cook over the fire and ward them off...The first night was spent camped on a gravel bar with the northern lights dancing across the starlit sky, really wish I had a camera to properly capture the display, it was one of the better shows I have seen. There were fresh grizzly tracks and frost on the ground in the morning.
    It was pretty amazing watching the transition as we ran from coastal coniferous rainforest up through the coast range and back into a more arid climate with increased deciduous trees. Looking forward to returning.
    Here's a video with some clips and stills from the trip, pardon the music, just learning how to edit.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Sweet!!!
    Looks like a fun trip.
    Thanks! It was, I need to get up to your territory someday for some laker and arctic char fishing!

Great video cant wait for spring!

Very nice!

Man I forgot how awesome our fall was! Great video!

Sobie2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

[QUOTE=Sobie2;1654884]Man I forgot how awesome our fall was! Great video!

Man the summer and fall were definitely one for the books, better salmon return wouldn't have hurt. Sounds like this year is going for be another poor pink and king year in SE. Hoping to get out on the rivers more, let me know if you want to go run together! Hoping to get down to the whiting this year and do more in BB.